that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
I absolutely love the way my aosk rear spoiler made my car look for the last year. I liked it so much that I decided to finally pull the plug and get the V2 that was a little more aggressive. This morning I pulled my old one off and boy was I completed sick about it. My paint was completely destroyed. I looked at the back of the spoiler and immediately saw what caused it. There were so many uneven bumps and pits in it. Here’s what it did to my Mach E. I’m completely sick about it. The new one doesn’t cover them up so I’m going to have to pull the V1 back on and return the new one.

IMG_0798.png

IMG_0793.png

IMG_0794.png

IMG_0795.png

IMG_0796.png

IMG_0797.png

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I never like their stuff i tried their garbage pocket that when you open has a light. When I got it never worked or batt died out. Plastic bags never got held up with the clips you use.

I think there alot of different companies that make the same stuff but really just one company they have different co names. To maximize business.

I bought carbon fiber tape to put on the side stash by the door so I don't scuff it with shoes. Different company for sure. I fear I try to peel it off it will have a lot residue and hopefully there's no peel from original matl. I asked the person who sole me it if it will come off they said yea without any residue.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I wonder if this might just be shitty Ford paint. I've gone through several cars ranging from late 80's to 2014's before getting the Mach-e and this car's paint is chipping a lot... After touching up the paint I plan on getting protectors for it.

Also @AOSK would you consider this normal? I've seen users recommend using 3M tape and removing whatever it comes with but that's mostly due to adhesion, not paint damage.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wouldn’t say it’s the paint at all. This was a defect with the product and I didn’t realize it till I took it off. I have no chips and defects on any park of my car. It’s in perfect shape besides it currently being dirty.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I wouldn’t say it’s the paint at all. This was a defect with the product and I didn’t realize it till I took it off. I have no chips and defects on any park of my car. It’s in perfect shape besides it currently being dirty.
Were there little mold marks or protrusions on the underside of the spoiler that rubbed through the paint with time? Or did dirt or little rocks get trapped under it?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
This is very bizarre...I wonder what is actually causing this. I just looked at mine and it's very tight against the body...this almost looks like dirt got under it and then vibration occurred and rubbed dirt/rocks into the paint over time.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mine was also on the body so good. I had to use lots of heat and fishing wire to get it off. I’m just so disappointed about this whole thing.

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it wasn’t dirt or anything like that as underneath it still looked super clean. Definitely something odd with the way the spoiler was manufactured. I’ll get pics later when I’m back home but the underside of the spoiler is not even and has molding marks or something.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
These spoilers do not sit absolutely flush. Sand and dirt gets trapped in the edge. Over time, the abrasions cause the pitting that you're seeing. I had the same issue, luckily I removed the spoiler within 1 month, so I only had one spot that was easily touched up.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
did you use the adhesive promotor during installation? I heard that can break down the clear coat.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
What is the purpose of the AOSK spoiler?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I never like their stuff i tried their garbage pocket that when you open has a light. When I got it never worked or batt died out. Plastic bags never got held up with the clips you use.

I think there alot of different companies that make the same stuff but really just one company they have different co names. To maximize business.

I bought carbon fiber tape to put on the side stash by the door so I don't scuff it with shoes. Different company for sure. I fear I try to peel it off it will have a lot residue and hopefully there's no peel from original matl. I asked the person who sole me it if it will come off they said yea without any residue.
Wd40 and a paper towel will remove adhesive residue. The door is plastic so it can handle it, just clean with a normal plastic cleaner after your done with the WD40 part.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
I was thinking of the same mod for my GTPE. Do you have any pics with the spoiler on prior to removal?

OP
OP
that_macheguy

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes. Here you go. I absolutely loved it so I will be putting the v1 back on to cover up the damage again.

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpeg

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
mine was also on the body so good. I had to use lots of heat and fishing wire to get it off. I’m just so disappointed about this whole thing.
ohhh you used fishing wire? I had a situation like this once like 10 years ago...used a high strength fishing wire and it got marred up and dug into the paint itself.
Sponsored