Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Seems to have no problem connecting to Apple Car Play, but so far every phone call I have received through Car Play has disconnected about about 30 seconds. If I disconnect Car Play and connect the phone via Bluetooth, absolutely no issues with phone calls. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Seems to have no problem connecting to Apple Car Play, but so far every phone call I have received through Car Play has disconnected about about 30 seconds. If I disconnect Car Play and connect the phone via Bluetooth, absolutely no issues with phone calls. Anyone else having this issue?
nope.had a 45 min work call via CarPlay and it worked great.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
How does it sound when you play Apple Music through wireless Car Play?

Wireless Car Play briefly establishes a Bluetooth data connection ... and uses that to negotiate a closed WiFi peer-to-peer connection between the phone and car. At that point all Car Play data between phone & car happen over WiFi. WiFi draws more power ... but is MUCH faster and more reliable than Bluetooth.

Also, where do you keep your phone when it's in the car? I always put mine on the center console (on the charging pad) and I've never had an issue.
Sponsored