Barbara

First Name
Gijs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Edge
Country flag
I've got wireless CarPlay from carlinkitcarplay.com with this pretty cheap adapter and it works great. I tried the carlinkit3.0 which I bought for USD90. It plugs in the the USB A socket and tucks in nicely. Once the phone is paired that's it. The car senses that its installed so it connects up reasonably fast from a cold start. The phone once pairs can sit in the wireless charger. There are a few audio glitches if you change to an App whilst spotify is playing but I get the same on my phone so I don't think it's the unit. carlinkit3.0 say they have an apple sourced or approved chip set and it looks that way. I'll update when I have more time to play. So far so good.
Sponsored

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I've got wireless CarPlay from carlinkitcarplay.com with this pretty cheap adapter and it works great. I tried the carlinkit3.0 which I bought for USD90. It plugs in the the USB A socket and tucks in nicely. Once the phone is paired that's it. The car senses that its installed so it connects up reasonably fast from a cold start. The phone once pairs can sit in the wireless charger. There are a few audio glitches if you change to an App whilst spotify is playing but I get the same on my phone so I don't think it's the unit. carlinkit3.0 say they have an apple sourced or approved chip set and it looks that way. I'll update when I have more time to play. So far so good.
Why would you need this when the Mach e has wireless CarPlay natively

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I think you can mirror your iphone, so you can play youtube on the screen for example.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I think you can mirror your iphone, so you can play youtube on the screen for example.
I had that same device in my 2019 Edge and it didn't have that capability. Maybe they updated the firmware, I don't know
Sponsored