Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am also on 15.0.2 (iPhone 12 Pro) and have no issues. I use wireless CarPlay exclusively and besides it freezing up once, just after I bought the car, it hasn't missed a beat in 6 months.
Sponsored

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Isn't that how CarPlay always works? I don't think Apple devices can connect to more than one WiFi network at a time. Or are you saying that your phone doesn't automatically reconnect to your home WiFi after you're done using CarPlay?
Yes, exactly that. My car no longer automatically connects to my home network and a refresh of available networks shows none available when it is usually populated with at least a dozen neighboring networks. This may be a dumb question, but is that WiFi connection supposed to stay active with the car powered off? Is this the WiFi connection needed for certain OTA updates? Because if this is the case then the only way I can reconnect to the home WiFi is to shut down WiFi on my phone, let the car switch over to a Bluetooth connection. Refresh the available networks on the touch screen and reconnect to the home. Not ideal

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is working as intended - and has always been this way for Wireless Carplay.

When you use wireless Carplay your phone connects to the car via Wifi-Direct (It needs a bigger "pipe" to relay video). Since your phone only has one wifi chip - it can only connect to the Mach-E and nothing else. Which is why if you attempt to turn Wifi off while connected to Carplay, it'll warn you that Carplay will be disconnected.

If you really need to use a different wifi network while driving, you'll have to use Carplay via USB. I guess if you had a really cheap low-data cell plan and wanted to use a hotspot this would be a use case.
My point is this. I have a top tier Verizon unlimited data plan and don’t want to hotspot. I want my car to automatically reconnect to my HOME WiFi when I pull into the driveway and it is no longer doing that. I thought that would be necessary for certain OTA updates

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, exactly that. My car no longer automatically connects to my home network
If you leave it for a while, does the car eventually reconnect to your home WiFi or will it stay disconnected forever?

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you leave it for a while, does the car eventually reconnect to your home WiFi or will it stay disconnected forever?
Stays disconnected. I have to manually reconnect but it remembers password

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stays disconnected. I have to manually reconnect but it remembers password
That's odd. Since it's the car misbehaving, and not the phone, you'll probably have to have the dealer check it out. Have you already tried rebooting Sync?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is odd. My car is in the garage and always is connected to my home WiFi. When I get in the car and start it up, it connects right away to Apple CarPlay as it should and stays connected until I arrive back home then it automatically reconnects to my home WiFi. It has done this ever since I have had the car.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
When I first updated to iOS 15.0.0, I had to manually disconnect CarPlay from Sync's phone list, then reconnect. Since then it's been smooth sailing. To be clear: This is not "forgetting" a phone, it's strictly the Car Play (dis)connect.

I'll note iOS 15.0.2 specifically included fixing Car Play audio issues, which highly effected audio apps like Spotify & Amazon Music. I personally had no additional steps needed for the fix.

Which isn't to say that these fixes will fix your issues, but worth the shot, right?

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Have IOS 15.02 and Iphone 12pro max, no issues with CarPlay. Apple did say IOS 15 did have in issue with carplay but it was for playing music it would disconnect or freeze. Not sure if .01 or .02 fixed that.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welp, as of today the wandering WiFi has returned. Icon showing on top of screen again and auto connecting to my home wifi upon return. I did nothing.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Carplay issues after updating to IOS 15.01 250F6E5B-ECE6-4B21-8665-A972B306C05D

TSchaaf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue
Country flag
I upgraded my iPhone to the 13 pro last week, and then drove from Spokane to Seattle for work on monday. Bluetooth/Carplay was very glitchy so I pulled in to a rest stop to fiddle with the bluetooth settings. The good news is that I had some snacks and a handy bathroom, as it took my wife about 3 hours to get the message and then drive the fob to me so I could continue the journey. (I know, I should have written down the clever passcode and put the sticky note on the touchscreen...) The key takeaways were that iOS 15.0.2 combined with PAAK still isn't reliable, and don't forget the fob on a long trip! I'm now researching how to get a second fob from Ford, and hoping my thank you gifts keep her from killing me when I get home...

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Weird... iPhone 12 here and no issues with PaaK on 15.0.2.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I upgraded my iPhone to the 13 pro last week, and then drove from Spokane to Seattle for work on monday. Bluetooth/Carplay was very glitchy so I pulled in to a rest stop to fiddle with the bluetooth settings. The good news is that I had some snacks and a handy bathroom, as it took my wife about 3 hours to get the message and then drive the fob to me so I could continue the journey. (I know, I should have written down the clever passcode and put the sticky note on the touchscreen...) The key takeaways were that iOS 15.0.2 combined with PAAK still isn't reliable, and don't forget the fob on a long trip! I'm now researching how to get a second fob from Ford, and hoping my thank you gifts keep her from killing me when I get home...
You were driving the car on a long trip with just PaaK and no passcode? That's brave.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
What I"ve found since the update is I have to wait for Carplay to boot up on the MME before connecting it to my usb, if I connect prior then it doesn't see Carplay at all. Never had that issue before apple update
Sponsored