AKM

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 California Route 1 AWD ER
Country flag
Has anyone dealt with the Apple Ford Shakopee Minnesota dealership? It seems to be going smoothly right now with my build date of 12/05/22 but I want to see if anyone else has dealt with them and what are your thoughts about the dealership.
Sponsored

mnbiker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium
Occupation
SysAdmin
Country flag
I don't have anything useful to add really - just want to say hi to a fellow MN member. I'm going through...Metropolitan Ford over in EP. So far also seems smooth...but haven't had too much interaction yet either. I have a scheduled production date of 11/7.

Reactions: AKM

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Sorry, canā€™t add to Shakopee. Iā€™m hoping for delivery from Morries in Minnetonka by EOM. Been 9 months since my orderā€¦.

mnbiker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium
Occupation
SysAdmin
Country flag
I just heard from my dealer that my car is there! Hopefully you both either already have good news too, or will soon!

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
@AKM I purchased my Mach-E there and the purchase experience was pretty great. The sales staff was great across the board. The service department leaves a lot to be desired. Their service department is overwhelmingly huge and they are not equipped nor trained properly to handle an EV customer. My service advisors and schedulers were completely clueless 100% of the time. I recommend talking to just the EV tech and having the service managers number as a backup. They only had one EV tech on staff the last time that I checked. Their backlog of ICE cars in for service is insane. They're busy busy busy with commercial, fleet, law enforcement and ford/lincoln retail vehicles. Working on an EV doesn't seem to be something that they're really that excited about. Long story, short they're a great place to buy. Terrible place to go for repairs and/or service.

Last edited:

OP
OP

AKM

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 California Route 1 AWD ER
Country flag
@AKM I purchased my Mach-E there and the purchase experience was pretty great. The sales staff was great across the board. The service department leaves a lot to be desired. Their service department is overwhelmingly huge and they are not equipped nor trained properly to handle an EV customer. My service advisors and schedulers were completely clueless 100% of the time. I recommend talking to just the EV tech and having the service managers number as a backup. They only had one EV tech on staff the last time that I checked. Their backlog of ICE cars in for service is insane. They're busy busy busy with commercial, fleet, law enforcement and ford/lincoln retail vehicles. Working on an EV doesn't seem to be something that they're really that excited about. Long story, short they're a great place to buy. Terrible place to go for repairs and/or service.
Awesome, thanks for your information. Hopefully by the time I'd need service they'll be better prepared for EVs.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Seems like I am late to the party in this one but I bought from Apple Valley Ford. Overall a good experience. Their service department is extremely busy so I have been having my service done at Inver Grove Ford. They have been good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16048

Seems like I am late to the party in this one but I bought from Apple Valley Ford. Overall a good experience. Their service department is extremely busy so I have been having my service done at Inver Grove Ford. They have been good.
Yeah I am late to the party here too. I bought mine from Plymouth Ford since it was the only one around who had one available at the time.

I live right nearby the Apple Valley Ford, and stopped in once to ask about Bluecruise needing updates ect. They were clueless. So I would be curious if Inver Grove Ford really knows what they are doing with EVs or not yet. I think it really depends on how much exposure their service department has with them.

Glad to hear there are a few more Mach Es around now too! Saw one in Edina a few days ago.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My car had the dreaded HVBJB failure they did it in 7 days and most of that was waiting for the part. They also just recently replaced the two front CV joints the DS one was clicking. I have an appointment this week for a TSB and even the receptionist asked smart questions.

I don't have any idea if their sales department is any good but EV service has been good, not perfect but done a good job.

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing really to add. Just a shout out to my fellow Twin Cities MMEā€™s and soon to be owners (Well, maybe not too soon :().

My online order 01/03/23 is going thru Apple Ford, Apple Valley. They keep in contact and are responsive. They offered a test drive as soon as they had a car available. They keep checking the order in the queue. Nothing they can really do until the car comes in.

Hope Minnesotaā€™s EV rebate of $2,500 gets approved in the Minnesota legislator this year! I think it will get approved.

Anybody know about the EV service at the Apple Valley location?

Last edited:

likescookies

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2004 Camry
Country flag
Anybody know about the EV service at the Apple Valley location?
A year ago they didn't know much about EVs (case in point--when I gave them a low rating, they offered me a free oil change), but it is also true that a year is an eternity for EVs, so I hope things have gotten better.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Yeah I am late to the party here too. I bought mine from Plymouth Ford since it was the only one around who had one available at the time.

I live right nearby the Apple Valley Ford, and stopped in once to ask about Bluecruise needing updates ect. They were clueless. So I would be curious if Inver Grove Ford really knows what they are doing with EVs or not yet. I think it really depends on how much exposure their service department has with them.

Glad to hear there are a few more Mach Es around now too! Saw one in Edina a few days ago.
Do you mean Superior/Brookdale Ford in Plymouth? I also want to say "Hey" to fellow Minnesota drivers!

Deleted member 16048

Do you mean Superior/Brookdale Ford in Plymouth? I also want to say "Hey" to fellow Minnesota drivers!
Thats the one. I used to live up in Brooklyn Center so I knew the area. honestly couldnā€™t remember the full name since I removed their decal the first day I had the car. šŸ˜‚

are you down in the south metro area?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Thats the one. I used to live up in Brooklyn Center so I knew the area. honestly couldnā€™t remember the full name since I removed their decal the first day I had the car. šŸ˜‚

are you down in the south metro area?
No, West Metro. I'm near Superior/Brookdale, though. They are my dealer. The car I ordered won't be here for months (April 17 Build Week) so it's all just abstract for me. How was your experience with them? I've been OK with them so far... I do wonder about them for EV service.
Sponsored

Last edited: