Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Nothing really to add. Just a shout out to my fellow Twin Cities MME’s and soon to be owners (Well, maybe not too soon :().

My online order 01/03/23 is going thru Apple Ford, Apple Valley. They keep in contact and are responsive. They offered a test drive as soon as they had a car available. They keep checking the order in the queue. Nothing they can really do until the car comes in.

Hope Minnesota’s EV rebate of $2,500 gets approved in the Minnesota legislator this year! I think it will get approved.

Anybody know about the EV service at the Apple Valley location?
I have used AVF for years they have been great, lately they seem a bit overwhelmed but get the work done. They told me 6-8 weeks when I had the HVBJB failure so I tried a different dealer and had a good experience.
Sponsored

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see Apple Ford claims to be the #1 & #2 Ford dealers in Minnesota (Apple Valley & Shakopee) .

Deleted member 16048

No, West Metro. I'm near Superior/Brookdale, though. They are my dealer. The car I ordered won't be here for months (April 17 Build Week) so it's all just abstract for me. How was your experience with them? I've been OK with them so far... I do wonder about them for EV service.
I know my father purchased from them years ago. Before I was born really. He said they were great for him. For me the buying experience was just fine. I didn’t have an order, the car I got was a little spur of the moment, but had been looking for a while. I got lucky that someone canceled their order and so I got their delivery by grabbing it off the market.

the only thing I really notice was that the sales staff didn’t really know EVs well and didnt know more technical questions. Which was fine since I can look them up, but ilots seems like they aren’t taught much on them yet.That’s pretty normal for sales people though.

So far no issues so I haven’t had to deal with service much. which Is good.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I know my father purchased from them years ago. Before I was born really. He said they were great for him. For me the buying experience was just fine. I didn’t have an order, the car I got was a little spur of the moment, but had been looking for a while. I got lucky that someone canceled their order and so I got their delivery by grabbing it off the market.

the only thing I really notice was that the sales staff didn’t really know EVs well and didnt know more technical questions. Which was fine since I can look them up, but ilots seems like they aren’t taught much on them yet.That’s pretty normal for sales people though.

So far no issues so I haven’t had to deal with service much. which Is good.
Yeah, I felt they weren't as well-versed in EVs when I was looking in November just before ordering. When I was there in January to modify my order it seemed they had been to school a bit on them and knew more. I'm sure all of them are on a learning curve with EVs, but at least they seemed to be trying.

I originally went to Morrie's Ford in Minnetonka, but the salesman I dealt with there was an emotionless moron who not only knew nothing about the car, he kept talking incessantly about Teslas! I never went back. I'll reserve final judgement on Superior/Brookdale until after I take delivery, but so far, so good.

Deleted member 16048

Yeah, I felt they weren't as well-versed in EVs when I was looking in November just before ordering. When I was there in January to modify my order it seemed they had been to school a bit on them and knew more. I'm sure all of them are on a learning curve with EVs, but at least they seemed to be trying.

I originally went to Morrie's Ford in Minnetonka, but the salesman I dealt with there was an emotionless moron who not only knew nothing about the car, he kept talking incessantly about Teslas! I never went back. I'll reserve final judgement on Superior/Brookdale until after I take delivery, but so far, so good.
Haha why am I not surprised by the salesman in Minnetonka. We made light conversation about them with our sales guy, but only in the aspect that I was looking at a model Y for a while. decided against it after the tax credit situation and test driving one. Didn't like how it felt so cheap, and everything was designed without a human in mind really.

I'll be curious to hear how it goes for your delivery. Any word on status yet? Or just patiently waiting still?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Haha why am I not surprised by the salesman in Minnetonka. We made light conversation about them with our sales guy, but only in the aspect that I was looking at a model Y for a while. decided against it after the tax credit situation and test driving one. Didn't like how it felt so cheap, and everything was designed without a human in mind really.

I'll be curious to hear how it goes for your delivery. Any word on status yet? Or just patiently waiting still?
Patiently waiting since I got my build date. I'll check back here once in a while and update if anything comes up. Cheers!

Cybermonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e premium AWD er
Occupation
Plumber
Country flag
Hello fellow man Mach-e drivers!
I bought mine used from Bloomington Lincoln, the staff was friendly, but they didn't seem to know much about evs'. My first test drive I almost didn't buy the car, I showed up for a scheduled appointment and they had let the soc get down below 10%. So my first test drive the car wouldn't accelerate at all. I walked away thinking something was seriously wrong with it. The salesman promised to charge it full if I came back. When I returned they had charged it to 100%, they had committed the cardinal sin of charging twice, both ways. However once I got to try it in unbridled mode, I was hooked.
Anyway let me know if people are Mach riding anywhere, I sometimes just drive it around nowhere just for fun.

AE0MT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Obviously late to the party, but that’s because we just got our MME last weekend. A used 21 premium AWD from Apple Valley Ford.
Sponsored