Apple MagSafe Passenger side charging mat

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
Oh wow, this is exactly what I've been searching for! Reviving this to see if you ever produced this? If so, where can I buy?
Sponsored

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
same here. I had the exact same thought today, I may just buy an AOSK tray liner and try cutting it. It won't look great but with luck it may be functional.

if ANYONE out there can make this product I'd buy instantly.

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
I got a 2023 MME GT PE and they've massively redesigned the charging mat cover.
So I plan to redo the dividers on my version to match.
I'd also like to improve the dimpled texture to more closely match the original.
It will take some time.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
honestly I don't see the point in having the divider at all, for compatibility one big open space with a MagSafe spot (or two) makes the most sense to me.

I'll take whatever I can get though!

daviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
I used a combination of these two mounts to add an apple MagSafe charger. It’s just double sided taped to the OEM mat and works well.

Base:
https://a.co/d/duYPLfe

Holder:
https://a.co/d/dS0UKQO

I also hard-wired it to a faster charger to give it enough power for fast charging.

Using an OEM Apple MagSafe charger with a black “skin” sticker on it from SlickWraps.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple MagSafe Passenger side charging mat 2A1FE0D4-F77C-43E1-A715-7269616D94EF

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
has anyone thought about pulling out the stock qi charger? looks like it might pop out easily. then maybe we could just set the MagSafe charger in that recess.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I got a 2023 MME GT PE and they've massively redesigned the charging mat cover.
So I plan to redo the dividers on my version to match.
I'd also like to improve the dimpled texture to more closely match the original.
It will take some time.
Can you post a picture? Any other noticeable differences for 2023s?

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can you post a picture? Any other noticeable differences for 2023s?
This is the new stock charging mat. I have not noticed any other other changes, except that our First Edition had nice metal pedals and all other MME's have plastic and rubber ones. I have already replaced the pedals with the wonderful aftermarket versions made by @AOSK.

Incidentally, I'm in the middle of another project, but I'll get back to this one soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple MagSafe Passenger side charging mat 73017E13-6927-4919-93D8-1510E9AFC2A0

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the new stock charging mat. I have not noticed any other other changes, except that our First Edition had nice metal pedals and all other MME's have plastic and rubber ones. I have already replaced the pedals with the wonderful aftermarket versions made by @AOSK.

Incidentally, I'm in the middle of another project, but I'll get back to this one soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple MagSafe Passenger side charging mat 73017E13-6927-4919-93D8-1510E9AFC2A0
Interesting, I wonder if the new design grips the phone better to stop it sliding around? If not, the lack of a middle divider seems like it'll get bumped around even more lol.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Very cool, nice work! I'd love to add a MagSafe ring to the driver's side one to help align with the charging coils, but so far it seems fine.

We went a different way for the passenger, but I'm going to update that thread with a picture and not muddy it up here. ;)

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder if the new design grips the phone better to stop it sliding around? If not, the lack of a middle divider seems like it'll get bumped around even more lol.
same here, im also curious how this new design performs. is it gonna help keep the phone on the "sweet spot"?
I been wondering if this design is intended to help both small and large phone to stay on the "sweet spot". if thats the case, we might use this design on some of our product design.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I have a ‘23 and my phone doesn’t slide around at all. The rubber mat holds it in place.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
same here, im also curious how this new design performs. is it gonna help keep the phone on the "sweet spot"?
I been wondering if this design is intended to help both small and large phone to stay on the "sweet spot". if thats the case, we might use this design on some of our product design.
the whole point of this is to use mag safe, so sliding around out of the “sweet spot” will not be an issue anymore regardless of the surface material/texture.

please someone do this!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hey, checking in to see if you wouldn't mind commenting on how you feel the mat holds the phone and if it is better this way? Does it still slide a lot?

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hey, checking in to see if you wouldn't mind commenting on how you feel the mat holds the phone and if it is better this way? Does it still slide a lot?
My phone doesn't slide, but then it's in an Apple stock silicone case, so that probably helps.
No difference between this and the original mat in that regard.

I did later realize I can't really adapt the MagSafe to work with this version of the mat without raising up the passenger side to make it thicker to allow room for the cable underneath.
And if I did try to raise it up, it would probably conflict with the phone on the driver's side. :-/

I'll just stick to my original design, but I'll try to improve the dimpled surface.
I'm done with my other major design project, so shouldn't be long.
Sponsored