John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
We knew it was coming, but it’s nice to see an article written confirming it.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-will-get-improved-apple-maps-integration/

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Will Get Improved Apple Maps Integration

August 12, 2021

Surprisingly, quite a few new vehicles still don’t offer Android Auto or Apple CarPlay compatibility, but that isn’t the case with the 2021 Ford F-150 and 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. In fact, the 2021 F-150 already offers Apple Maps integration in the truck’s digital gauge cluster, which enables the driver to view directions without having to look over at the infotainment screen. Now, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E will be getting that feature as well, the automaker has confirmed.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E will gain this improved Apple Maps integration via an upcoming over-the-air update, which will enable directions to be displayed in the EV crossover’s digital instrument cluster as well. And since the Mach-E runs SYNC 4A, it already offers wireless Apple CarPlay accessibility, which is also the case with the 2021 F-150 and its SYNC 4 software.

OTA updates such as this one are made possible by Ford’s brand new, connected vehicle platform called Blue Oval Intelligence, which integrates a number of systems – including power distribution, electrical, software, and computing – into connected Ford and Lincoln vehicles. Ford is betting big on connected services, which it sees as a major future revenue generator as the automaker expects that 32 million OTA-capable Blue Oval vehicles will be on the road by 2028.

Mach-E owners have thus far been very receptive to OTA updates, as the automaker recently revealed that 95 percent have opted to download them so far. These updates can be used to help reduce warranty costs, extend product life cycles, quickly fix quality issues, and deploy new features like Apple Maps integration and BlueCruise – Ford’s hands-free highway driver-assist technology – which is coming to the 2021 F-150 and Mach-E later this year.
Sponsored

Deleted member 4669

Sweet. Wonder if it will come in same update as blue cruise?

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Thanks to this thread, I tried Google Maps on my Android Auto and it shows on the 10" display. HOORAY!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Mach-E owners have thus far been very receptive to OTA updates, as the automaker recently revealed that 95 percent have opted to download them so far.
I love marketing speak. I mean, I guess we’ve been “receptive.” It would be accurate to say we’ve been “eagerly awaiting an OTA update with any material enhancements or bug fixes.”

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I assume the only thing keeping Google Maps from working in Apple CarPlay on the instrument cluster is an update from Apple or Google.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Wonder if the 5% didn't install the updates due to instal errors or not being bothered (I thought auto-install updates was the default)?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wonder if the 5% didn't install the updates due to instal errors or not being bothered (I thought auto-install updates was the default)?
There are a few on this forum who have switched auto updates off.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So have I but It should show an update is available (I check every few days to see if there is one available anyway). Maybe they live in areas that have bad mobile signal.

redrambha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
Does OTA require WIFI? I'm still battling connecting mine to the home wifi.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Got excited when I saw this was a new feature, then got sad when I realized it's for Apple phones, then got happy again when I realized Android already has this functionality. So you ios users... welcome to the future!
Serious question: do you have actual turn arrows, or just a blue rectangle that displays when there is an approaching turn?

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Apple Maps? So not the two nav apps that folks actually use?? ?
I have a love/hate relationship with Apple Maps. It at least understands that my parking lot at work is attached to the correct road. Google maps keeps trying to route me to the closest road to my parking spot, despite that requiring me to drive through a razor wire fence, across 3 sets of railroad tracks, and through another fence. Everything else is worse, but since I drive to work 5 days a week, I tend to use Apple maps on most days.
Sponsored