Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I went on a long trip for the first time in a while, and used Apple Maps' EV charging feature. It was easy to use as it automatically added in the charger stops without me having to do anything other than enter my final destination. Once charging, it calculated what % of charge I needed to arrive with 20% battery, and it showed how long it would take to charge. I also appreciated that it selected the fastest charger to stop at instead of some random level 2 charger.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Maps EV Routing IMG_9810
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I went on a long trip for the first time in a while, and used Apple Maps' EV charging feature. It was easy to use as it automatically added in the charger stops without me having to do anything other than enter my final destination. Once charging, it calculated what % of charge I needed to arrive with 20% battery, and it showed how long it would take to charge. I also appreciated that it selected the fastest charger to stop at instead of some random level 2 charger.

Definitely interested in hearing more on the Apple EV maps performance. I haven't had a chance to use mine yet

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Nice. Thanks for sharing. I like having options. Anybody use google maps? Is it similar?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Yeah, for some reason itā€™s been super pessimistic for me on long drives. Like it will be 20% of of what my actual arrival SoC will be. It will say 30 when Iā€™ll actually more likely be at 50 when I get to destination. Not sure what the deal is.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
It seems to work okay while driving but isnā€™t good for trip planning without the ability to set the starting charge level. ABRP still looks to be the best tool for that.

I prefer Google Maps for nav over Apple but it doesnā€™t have a similar EV feature yet.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It seems to work okay while driving but isnā€™t good for trip planning without the ability to set the starting charge level. ABRP still looks to be the best tool for that.

I prefer Google Maps for nav over Apple but it doesnā€™t have a similar EV feature yet.
It has my starting charge level correct, it just seems to overestimate how much Iā€™ll use. Wonder if there is a bug with the extended range packs.

OP
OP

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I typically use Waze on short trips, and still pre-plan long trips with ABRP. I haven't sprung for the ABPR subscription to get it up on CarPlay.

OP
OP

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It has my starting charge level correct, it just seems to overestimate how much Iā€™ll use. Wonder if there is a bug with the extended range packs.
My last leg was unconservative and I ended up with less battery left than it estimated, but wasn't a problem. I chalked it up to me driving faster than on my first leg?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Right, it fetches the charge level from the last time it connected to the car, but you cannot change that if you want to do trip planning assuming you'll start with a full charge. Which is what I would be doing for any significant trip. ABRP still rules for that.
Sponsored