Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Hacker
Country flag
There are a ton of *valid* early adopter, software, and/or anxiously waiting issue threads here, but I’d love to see something a bit different…. What is a low-key design win that you think is underrated on the MME? I’ll start with one…

The physical MAX Defrost button! When you fog/frost up unexpectedly, the last thing you want to have to fumble, find, or (ugh) deal with a UI freeze-up on is finding that climate UI. This button, placed in a perfectly inconspicuous place is a real gem, IMO. Anyone agree and/or have other favorites? :)

5C51E1F4-6A90-4F19-B844-6D714575F1D8.jpeg
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are so many little things that make so much sense and are clearly thought out. Keeping the traditional controls was a smart move, and I definitely appreciate the layout of those controls. Including the mobile charger with adapters for 120 and 240 volts is also a really nice touch.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Huh. THAT'S what that is?

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Auto hi beams that actually work, reliably. I love them.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I really like one pedal driving. I didn’t know what it was til I tried it. It was easy to get used to and now I use it 100% of the time.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I have the space gray interior. I like the way they made all the high-touch points the dark color.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I really appreciate the vehicle connectivity and the capabilities and future potentials that this opens with things like the FordPass app. (You be quiet, persons with anime character names and whatever! ?)

Not sure if any of you have noticed, but some people complain about FordPass a lot. Maybe this is in part due to the emotional connection and appreciation of the whole thing. Striving for improvements is a good thing, to a point. Definitely. But there's also plenty of FordPass and vehicle connectivity wins.

Just to pick a few examples, I LOVE it that FordPass integrates with Google Assistant and lets me say "Heya Google, would you please ask ol' FordPass to start my car?" I don't even launch the app. And it works! I love that.

I can use my phone as a key sometimes. How cool is that? I dig it. And I don't even have to worry about those other times because if needed, I can start my car with the excessively long, mixed character set password that I chose. Awesome, go me!

If I'm fretful and/or forgetful, FordPass lets me lock the doors. Even if they're already locked! This is reassuring. It's got my back and I love that.

So much to appreciate.

OP
OP
kevcody

kevcody

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Hacker
Country flag
I really like one pedal driving. I didn’t know what it was til I tried it. It was easy to get used to and now I use it 100% of the time.
I too really have become fond of 1Pedal drive :). I actually think it keeps me more engaged with braking speed, conditions, etc

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
the sunglasses holder.

heated steering wheel.

2 things that were sorely missed in my last EV.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As a followup to my previous comment about all the controls being consistent with a traditional ICE, let me add a little anecdote. My wife drove my Mach E today for the first time today, and I didn't coach her or show her any of the controls ahead of time. Other than telling her that the parking brake was set, I didn't tell her a thing except "it drives like a normal car". As background, she still has no idea how to copy-n-paste in windows or IOS even though my kids and I have shown her on multiple occasions.

Nonetheless, she walked out to the car, got in, adjusted the seat and mirrors, and drove off with nary a second thought. She called me when she arrived to tell me she did not like the feel of the brake pedal, but other than that it was like getting in and driving any other car. To me, that is a key design aspect to get the masses to accept EV's. For those of you that have tried to test drive a Tesla you know it takes 15 minutes of coaching and digging through menus while using unmarked controls just to adjust the mirrors and steering wheel, and to put the car in gear to drive off. The "gear selector" is unmarked so you have no idea that it is the gear selector or what direction to move it to go forward or backwards, and it is the same control to engage autopilot.
Sponsored

Last edited: