TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I haven't placed an order yet - would like to be able to test drive one first - but I have been checking on the status FCTP vehicles ordered my area dealers (which largely overlap with yours), three of them arrived Speedway around 1/14 and were then delivered to the Norfolk Southern Voltz Yard between 1/19 and 1/22. These vehicles originally had ETA ranging from 2/7 to 2/14 prior to the latest quality check delay, were pushed to 3/30, but are now back to 2/19-2/20. The dealer closest to you, Paoli Ford, which is where I went to for the roadshow event back in November, still has its FCTP vehicle in Mexico despite a 11/12/2020 production date, but five of its six customer orders have been shipped, with ETA ranging from 2/20 to 3/3.
My understanding is that customer orders get priority shipping. But they'll slip an FCTP unit in if there is space available.

According to what my dealer tells me, once the FCTP car arrives, order-holders get priority on using it. They are supposed to be offered to take the car home for a day (e.g. pick it up today and return it tomorrow.) BUT the dealer has to clean the car and re-charge it (on a level 2 charger) before sending it out again. So that really means they'll probably only squeeze in 3 test drives per week.

It could be a few weeks before the FCTP car is available for test drives to those who have not placed an order.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My understanding is that customer orders get priority shipping. But they'll slip an FCTP unit in if there is space available.

According to what my dealer tells me, once the FCTP car arrives, order-holders get priority on using it. They are supposed to be offered to take the car home for a day (e.g. pick it up today and return it tomorrow.) BUT the dealer has to clean the car and re-charge it (on a level 2 charger) before sending it out again. So that really means they'll probably only squeeze in 3 test drives per week.

It could be a few weeks before the FCTP car is available for test drives to those who have not placed an order.
Ford messed this up. It would of made sense to put customer orders first if they could get them in before the 1st of the year. At this point, they really need to get test drives to reservation holders if they don't want to loose those conversions.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I really like this idea. (or at least alternate between this and a day of multiple test drives.)

They are supposed to be offered to take the car home for a day (e.g. pick it up today and return it tomorrow.) BUT the dealer has to clean the car and re-charge it (on a level 2 charger) before sending it out again.
Sponsored