Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
At this point, is every MME being produced going from the factory to Speedway before shipment to the final destination? Or was it just a select batch of MMEs?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My understanding is no, not all. Others probably have better details than I do.

From the Ford release:

How many cars exactly are affected? Several hundred.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Not only that: If the car happened to be at the plant when everything went down it was likely inspected/fixed there prior to being shipped out.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
As Dave posted, Ford says it is "several hundred" (they have produced several thousand).

Also, it tends to be the early vehicles built ... mostly in December. Cars more recently built aren't supposed to be affected by the issue (whatever it is).

Also Ford says that all those affected received the notice about the car being delayed. Basically "no news is good news".

My car was included among those sent to Speedway ... but recent tracking activity shows it is now scheduled to go back to the train.

The clue that the car had been dealt with was that the FordPass app updated and an "activate" button showed up (I didn't use it ... but the fact that the app changed indicated someone was reconfiguring the car ... so I knew the car was getting attention and not just parked out in a lot waiting its turn.)

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I have been tracking my Mach-drop in Cuautitlan, going nowhere.

But I have also been tracking the other Mach-e's that my dealer has on order (got the VINs from the dealers website prior to being pulled because they were customer cars).

After spending time at the Speedway corral - one car is off to a Norfolk Southern yard with its next stop in Birmingham MO (according to Palsapps). Sound familiar @TheVirtualTim ?

This car did NOT have its original delivery date altered, while others built earlier in December are still "in transit" and the delivery date changed to March.

Hopefully they will be putting all the cars heading to Detroit (Melvindale) on the same autorack so they don't need to be unloaded again.

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
As Dave posted, Ford says it is "several hundred" (they have produced several thousand).

Also, it tends to be the early vehicles built ... mostly in December. Cars more recently built aren't supposed to be affected by the issue (whatever it is).

Also Ford says that all those affected received the notice about the car being delayed. Basically "no news is good news".

My car was included among those sent to Speedway ... but recent tracking activity shows it is now scheduled to go back to the train.

The clue that the car had been dealt with was that the FordPass app updated and an "activate" button showed up (I didn't use it ... but the fact that the app changed indicated someone was reconfiguring the car ... so I knew the car was getting attention and not just parked out in a lot waiting its turn.)
My car never showed as going to the speedway, via rail, but the "activate" button did appear on my FordPass.

Now, if my car would just appear in my driveway........

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My understanding is no, not all. Others probably have better details than I do.

From the Ford release:

How many cars exactly are affected? Several hundred.
True. Seems to be "early" production units. Early is a relative term.
Not only that: If the car happened to be at the plant when everything went down it was likely inspected/fixed there prior to being shipped out.
Also true, there's no need to check the cars in Kansas City Kansas if your "early production" car is still at the factory.

What does seem to be true though, is that all North American cars (at least) go to Kansas City first then are distributed to wherever they're supposed to go (including those few that need to head to the Speedway).

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been tracking my Mach-drop in Cuautitlan, going nowhere.

But I have also been tracking the other Mach-e's that my dealer has on order (got the VINs from the dealers website prior to being pulled because they were customer cars).

After spending time at the Speedway corral - one car is off to a Norfolk Southern yard with its next stop in Birmingham MO (according to Palsapps). Sound familiar @TheVirtualTim ?

This car did NOT have its original delivery date altered, while others built earlier in December are still "in transit" and the delivery date changed to March.

Hopefully they will be putting all the cars heading to Detroit (Melvindale) on the same autorack so they don't need to be unloaded again.
Yep ... that would be mine. The destination now shows as:

Kansas CityBIRMINGHAM, MONORFOLK SOUTHERN (VOLTZ)

The status is still 'Pending' ... so they haven't picked it up, but at least it is scheduled to move.

I noticed two others have cars leaving Kansas City headed to Michigan... but appear to be making the entire trip on the car-carrier (no train). One is going to a dealer on the far side of town. I thought it was odd that they're splitting them up.

There is a Norfolk Southern yard not far from my home and it's where most of the Ford vehicles go ... both inbound as well as outbound from the Detroit area assembly plants.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag

The status is still 'Pending' ... so they haven't picked it up, but at least it is scheduled to move.
The one I am tracking was actually delivered to the rail yard and had the delivery receipt as a PDF - the receipt listed a total of 9 cars (one truck full?). Using the tracker and the VINs on the receipt, some had end of March ETA dates (cars on hold?). But none of the others were MI bound, everything from CT, NY & WV.

So it looks like cars on hold may be moving.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The one I am tracking was actually delivered to the rail yard and had the delivery receipt as a PDF - the receipt listed a total of 9 cars (one truck full?). Using the tracker and the VINs on the receipt, some had end of March ETA dates (cars on hold?). But none of the others were MI bound, everything from CT, NY & WV.

So it looks like cars on hold may be moving.
I would possibly nuance it with "queued for moving". Realistically my car is probably in "slack time" It's finished at the Speedway and released ... and now it's waiting for a a spot on a car carrier. The car carriers can move 9 cars per run (4 on bottom and 5 on top because they can park one extra car above the cab) ... I'm not sure how many car carriers are bouncing back and forth and/or how many cars were released ahead of mine. When I think of how long it probably takes to load and secure the cars ... plus how long it takes to unload the cars ... plus the amount of time to drive from the far west end of KC to the east end of KC ... my guess is a single car carrier can probably only do two-runs per day (18 cars).

But my "guess" is that it wont actually move today ... but probably will move by end of week.

rfoxdvm

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended RWD
Country flag
Add mine to the list of cars that were on hold but are moving. Now delivered to norfolk southern. Eta went from 1/28, to 3/25, and now 2/17. If it's in a rail yard in missouri, I still don't know why it's 3 weeks away, but that's better than 2 months. Premium EX RWD

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

I noticed two others have cars leaving Kansas City headed to Michigan... but appear to be making the entire trip on the car-carrier (no train). One is going to a dealer on the far side of town. I thought it was odd that they're splitting them up.

There is a Norfolk Southern yard not far from my home and it's where most of the Ford vehicles go ... both inbound as well as outbound from the Detroit area assembly plants.
Like many of our fellow forum members, mine followed the same path to Speedway and now to Norfolk.

The good news today is now fordtracker shows my ETA of 28 days when it showed 61 days earlier. So instead of getting it late March, it is now estimated to arrive Feb 22. Prior to the delay, my ETA was this week.

I take this a good news. I am eagerly, but patiently, anticipating closing the deal and driving off to anywhere.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looks like we are in motion, my original date was next week, but I suspect will be sooner than the provided ETA.

This is barring any future new delays :rolleyes:

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
At this point, is every MME being produced going from the factory to Speedway before shipment to the final destination? Or was it just a select batch of MMEs?
I haven't placed an order yet - would like to be able to test drive one first - but I have been checking on the status FCTP vehicles ordered my area dealers (which largely overlap with yours), three of them arrived Speedway around 1/14 and were then delivered to the Norfolk Southern Voltz Yard between 1/19 and 1/22. These vehicles originally had ETA ranging from 2/7 to 2/14 prior to the latest quality check delay, were pushed to 3/30, but are now back to 2/19-2/20. The dealer closest to you, Paoli Ford, which is where I went to for the roadshow event back in November, still has its FCTP vehicle in Mexico despite a 11/12/2020 production date, but five of its six customer orders have been shipped, with ETA ranging from 2/20 to 3/3.
Sponsored