Are chip shortages causing delays in shipping “built” Mach-e’s?

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My GTPE was manufactured the second week of December. It was just delivered to my dealer north of Atlanta yesterday. I pick it up tomorrow. No delays on the way here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NWgolfer

NWgolfer

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord hybrid that will be sold soon
Country flag
My Mache-e‘s build date was 12/6/21 and Ford spent me an email confirming that my Mustang was being shipped and should arrive in Seattle 1/16/22-1/22/22. I used the Macheforum tracker to find that the car had arrived in Kansas City on January 7, 2022—so I figured I was due for a delivery in late January. Then I got an update message today that stated that in order to ”ensure my complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium is delivered” to your dealer” pushing out the delivery date until March 28, 2022 to April 3, 2022!! When I spoke to the dealer today, he confirmed the car’s location in Kansas City, but he could not undrstand why the delivery date would be delayed another two months? The only thing I could guess is that the car is lacking critical hardware chips needed for full software functionality..and safe driving. Has anyone had this same delay imposed in December builds and gotten any rationale for this late manufacturing discrepancy?
thanks for all the feedback on what might be going on...and as some of you alluded...neither Ford or the local Seattle dealer...really knew exactly where my MACH-E was other than it arrived in Kansas city on Jan 7th--and the good news is that I got the unexpected call to pick up the car ON February 1st---much earlier than the March 28th email from Ford predicted....so I am thrilled that I am finally driving my new Mustang.