Bluey

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Hey guys, I’ve had a Mach-E on order for a while now so I watch as many Mach-E vids that I can find. Saw this newly uploaded video. Starting to wonder if PAAK(?) or Ford dealers always this bad…

Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
In the time it took to make this video they could have found a dealer better able to handle their problem.

Admittedly, I skipped my way through it, but when he held up a functioning fob..... my heart broke and I felt sorry for the
hardship they have to endure.

KKsNewBaby

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, Extended
Country flag
In the time it took to make this video they could have found a dealer better able to handle their problem.

Admittedly, I skipped my way through it, but when he held up a functioning fob..... my heart broke and I felt sorry for the
So cringy - pretty sure these folks are "professional" (plz note sarcasm) influencers. Over 15 minutes...agree with you, they should find a different dealer. Then examine their life choices. :rolleyes:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Are all dealers this bad not always but I scrubbed through to see if they turned up on a Saturday as I guessed it was as this is typically the worst day to bring a car to one of the quick lane places as they always run a skeleton staff and just want to do the basics anything related to updates or recalls they will normally give a needs to be done in the week excuses , still at least the quick lane was there I once drove to a dealer inquiring where it was to be told they stopped being one ages ago, would have been nice of ford to update its own search engines to that fact :(

As for the paak issues, it is a nicety but it seems so hit and miss it really is about time ford stop bean counting and just give people two key fobs, like you get with every other ford the mach-e isn't being sold at some bargin eco box price point where such compromises are made.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Luckily I have not had to have service done yet, but from my conversations with my Ford dealer I have learned that they do not know how to do any service on this car and once more don't know what service should be done on it. The only service they have suggested to me is a tire rotation.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Luckily I have not had to have service done yet, but from my conversations with my Ford dealer I have learned that they do not know how to do any service on this car and once more don't know what service should be done on it. The only service they have suggested to me is a tire rotation.
Should be done? It's in the manual starting on page 368... Tire rotations every 12 months or 10,000 miles, and cabin air filter every 20,000 miles. Brake fluid every 3 years.

Our PHEV needed 1 oil change in 2.75 years of ownership (1 change every 2 years or 20,000 miles). We rotated the tires once, and that's it.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
On a side note, how old is the oldest influencer in the world? I am honestly just curious.

thinking about getting “Influencer Life” tattooed on my stomach….

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Ford could of saved all this bad press by having two FOBs for every vehicle. They obviously didn't know how poor PaaK was, but they really shouldn't of went down to one FOB until it was proven to be reliable. I have trouble with PAAK not being reliable too. As far as I know I already have the update.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Yes, Ford should have given two fobs with every car. That aside, if you are having that much trouble with PAK then spend the extra $60-70 to purchase a second fob and have it programed. Our dealer programed ours for free (one of the only things they did right). If you can afford a $50K vehicle surely you can afford the second fob and the peace of mind it brings. We have never even set up or tried PAK.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
So of course it's there until Tuesday. Brought in on a Saturday of a holiday weekend with Monday a national holiday. So they don't work on Sunday or Monday.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag

I saw the video earlier today and sent them a message since we live in the same state as this couple. Told them my experience getting the 21B36 PAAK update was totally unlike theirs. My dealership told me they had a technician specially trained on the MME. They finished in 2 hours and it has worked work well.

Jimct

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, Mustang Mach e ordered 4/8/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford, Hyundai, Chevy, all the dealerships have issues with EV's. They don't understand them nor do they want to because they resent them. No maintenance, therefore no money in it. That's all they think about and wish the whole EV concept would just magically disappear. It's all about human nature and the resistance to change, so it will take time.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I saw the video earlier today and sent them a message since we live in the same state as this couple. Told them my experience getting the 21B36 PAAK update was totally unlike theirs. My dealership told me they had a technician specially trained on the MME. They finished in 2 hours and it has worked work well.
I've had the same positive experience with my dealer quick lane. Have gone twice for updates. Both times were able to take me quickly and installed the updates with no issue. They were done in less then 1 hr. Yes I would prefer those updates to be OTA but having the quick lane and someone knowledgeable to install them work fine for me. I did do them during the week, not on a weekend. I"m sure the dealers are all over the map with the new technology and Ford could do a better job training them. At the same time my dealer has only delivered 3 Mach E so far so wouldn't be surprised there could be some hiccups.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My dealer installed this update just fine without any problem and it only took an hour of the two hours they initially said. So to answer OP, no all Dealerships are NOT this bad. I do feel bad for Shannon And family That they had to deal with this but claiming the vehicle is “unfixable” is just wrong and obvious click bait.
Sponsored