MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
I thought I would throw in my 2 cents about Ford Dealers.. Since they are each independently owned or owned by a group, the level of service differs between them.

With my Mach-E the first dealership (where i purchased) told me to wait 2 weeks because they had no idea how to apply the patch to the vehicle.

So I called another Ford dealer who is a larger chain, and they had me in an out the next day, everything working as expect and all professional.

Honestly, when "influencers" just complain to make content it is frustrating and not a true litmus test of how a brand is doing.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To put some perspective in this thread, this is a couple of people sitting in a Model Y, that originally had their channel named "Tesla and Chill". They are coming with Tesla expectations and are frustrated by non-Tesla experiences.

This is a problem Ford can and needs to fix if they want to compete with companies like Tesla. If they don't change the service model they will not compete with post-sales and customers will stop buying their products.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
To put some perspective in this thread, this is a couple of people sitting in a Model Y, that originally had their channel named "Tesla and Chill". They are coming with Tesla expectations and are frustrated by non-Tesla experiences.

This is a problem Ford can and needs to fix if they want to compete with companies like Tesla. If they don't change the service model they will not compete with post-sales and customers will stop buying their products.
You might want to look into Tesla service experiences. It's not all sunshine and roses over there.

Deleted member 3569

This is my first ever experience with any domestic brand and so far I am absolutely speechless by the way I was treated at Ford... it was a marvelous adventure, from randomly seeing a Mach-E in the lot of Lilliston Ford, Vineland NJ, through the usual haggling process of trading my old vehicle... etc... to finally driving the Mach-E of my dreams to home. As I have mentioned on other threads no ADM mark ups, no window etching, nor any other unnecessary accessories ... of course Ford dealerships do not match up to the level of fineness and luxury to that of a Mercedes, a Lexus or a BMW dealerships ... but again I don't have to pay for a $350+ for an oil change either. The Mach-E worked flawlessly, however the salesman did have difficulties in configuring the vehicle initially. Now that I am in Orlando, I just had the PAAK software recall 21B36 done, here locally at Sunset State Ford of Orlando, a fully EV certified dealer and again it was done without any glitch. May be I am lucky ...but so far I have not had any issues whatsoever. I have driven 1,500 miles since I got it in May 25 . I have charged extensively at EA dcFast chargers in NJ, PA, DE, MD and VA using the Plug & Charge and the initial 250 kWH freebie all without any drama !!!.... So who do you believe?
PS: I bought my Mach-E Premium RWD Infinite Blue/Light Gray interior on the spot, right from dealer's lot ... no waiting! ... bought on first sight! .... and drove home with my wife inside !!! Eventually I had to cancel my pre-order!

Last edited by a moderator:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You might want to look into Tesla service experiences. It's not all sunshine and roses over there.
I never said it was. But it certainly is better than a barrel of parts vendors with a hand grenade dropped inside it. That is about the experience a lot of us currently get with EVs at legacy dealers. They either have no clue what they are doing. They might not even want to touch the vehicle if it has a high voltage battery. Very few are willing to service every car they sell.

With Chevrolet I had to drive 68 miles to get a dealer that could competently work on my Bolt.
Ford is 4 if my local dealer is good. 72 miles if I need to find another.
Tesla would be 107 miles one way.

Either way, we are currently going through the pains that Tesla owners had back in 2014-2016. But we have legacy baggage to overcome before it will get better.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Calling this woman a derogatory name, when she lays out a very good argument for how things should have been. All while doing so in a calm manner, really just shows what type of person you are. Hint: not good.

Her experience, and the one I have had, is a reason I will never buy another Ford from the same dealership I bought mine from. And if it keeps going on much longer, I will never buy another Ford, period. My PaaK has NEVER worked, in over 4 months. Always a "connection" issue. On my wife's iPhone and my Samsung. Both one generation old, but up to date on software.

I have done everything on my end to fix this problem. I have called their tech 3 times, jumping thru the same hoops every time. It has been escalated all 3 times. Nobody called me back in 3-5 business days like promised. I have used the chat tech support twice, again jumping thru hoops doing the same things I have done testing it. Again it was escalated, nobody called back in 3-5 business days at promised. Something that makes zero sense, none of these people talk to each other. They can't see the notes from previous attempts by me to get help. Chat tech and phone techs, don't share information. Same for the car dealerships. That is just idiotic. My car would never update OTA, so we tried to get the dealership to help.

Nobody would return our calls, so we stopped by unannounced. Made an appointment for a few days later. Dropped it off, telling him I needed it back by the end of the day. "No problem". End of the day comes, still no phone call, so stop by again. His excuse was that they didn't have anyone familiar with the car and were having trouble trying to update it. He promised to look into it and callus back. 3 weeks go by, no call.

We stop by again after another update has come out. Drop it off and get the update done in a decent timeline. PaaK still does not work. Show him to his face, my phone and wife's. Says he will look into it and get back with us. The recall comes out, we take it back again. Drop it off at 830, telling him I had to have it back no later than 4 since I am going out of town that evening. No call at all. I stop by at 330. No update has been done, it is still in the service bay. I told him I needed the car back now. He claims that the recall update was done the month prior when I brought it in. He had no paperwork documentation to back this up, and I didn't have time to wait.

Been two weeks now, have not been contacted back like he promised. PaaK still, and has never worked. I understand that this is new, and wouldn't even be upset if A) they actually kept in contact with me, B) gave me another key FOB. We have multiple cars and drivers, and with one FOB and no ability to make a code to start the car, its annoying. I mistakenly drove another car, but left the Mach-E fob on my key ring, and the Mach-E parked in front of her car that was in the garage. Well, she couldn't move the Mach-E to get to her car, or get her car out. Yeah it is my fault. They should also give people two key FOB's without trying to charge so much for them. Its annoying changing the fob to different key rings all the time, and worrying about where it is. But my dealership has told me flat out no, I signed to get one key fob. Gotcha, never buying from you ever again.

There are only two Ford dealerships around here, both owned by the same guy, about 10 mins apart. Workers go back and forth, and we were told the other site didn't have an expert either. One of the biggest reasons I wanted this vehicle, was for PaaK. I detest keys in my pocket. I wish I had never bought it.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
All I have to say after perusing this thread yet again is this: If, you, in fact, purchased a Mach E mainly because it offers PAAK, rather than the multitude of other benefits it offers, well, you probably should have bought a Tesla.
And by “you” I mean all of you, not singling out one person here. PAAK should work, that is a fact, but until it is 95% like Tesla, there is a fob that works. Every. Time.

Pkamisky

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hey guys, I’ve had a Mach-E on order for a while now so I watch as many Mach-E vids that I can find. Saw this newly uploaded video. Starting to wonder if PAAK(?) or Ford dealers always this bad…

I love my Ford Dealer, Kelly Ford in Beverly MA. While I have had similar intermittent issues with PAAK, the OTAs have helped improved the reliability. I’m sure the new update will be helpful as well. It’s not that big of a deal to carry the key until it’s 100% reliable. The charge door opening up is something I would want fixed and would find another dealer. I’ve watched her videos in the past and they have had excellent support from Ford with their issues. Stop the bitching and moaning, find another dealer, and move or sell the car. I love my MME! So I don’t think that this one experience should be an indicator of your experience.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
All I have to say after perusing this thread yet again is this: If, you, in fact, purchased a Mach E mainly because it offers PAAK, rather than the multitude of other benefits it offers, well, you probably should have bought a Tesla.
And by “you” I mean all of you, not singling out one person here. PAAK should work, that is a fact, but until it is 95% like Tesla, there is a fob that works. Every. Time.
And as I said in my post, if Ford would have supplied two fob's then it wouldn't have been near as big of an issue for me. I could deal with a single fob for a while, it is a new vehicle that is tech heavy. Things happen. I buy bleeding edge all the time. I applaud Ford for trying, I am glad they did. The one key fob is a huge mistake, of all the things to cut costs on, that is a terrible one. I realize that a case like mine is rare. In cases like this a second fob should be supplied. But when a dealership flat out tells me no, and they have no solution for a problem with the vehicle they sold, thats a big deal. When dealerships are less educated than someone reading articles on the internet, that is a problem. The basis of this thread is, that Ford dealerships dont know enough about this vehicle, if anything at all. That seems to be very true.

OR, if they would at least act like they cared and contact me back. But not once has anyone contacted me back, after promising to do so many times. "Hey Sir, we're still looking into the issue, we apologize for the delay. We'll let you know as soon as we find something out". Would go a long way. People buy vehicles for a multitude of reasons, often times one or two specific reasons. PaaK being a huge one for this vehicle. But sadly, your answer to the huge problem of PaaK is to buy a Tesla, that is going to be the answer for some people. And a terrible way to do business. For someone who is the sole driver of a Mach-E, one key fob likely isnt an issue. For us, with 4 drivers in the house and re-arranging vehicles sometimes, swapping drivers it is. But I suppose with the logic of "fixing" the issue by trading it in, I should just get a house with 5 garages. That would "fix" that issue.

Last edited:

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
And as I said in my post, if Ford would have supplied two fob's then it wouldn't have been near as big of an issue for me. I could deal with a single fob for a while, it is a new vehicle that is tech heavy. Things happen. I buy bleeding edge all the time. I applaud Ford for trying, I am glad they did. The one key fob is a huge mistake, of all the things to cut costs on, that is a terrible one. I realize that a case like mine is rare. In cases like this a second fob should be supplied. But when a dealership flat out tells me no, and they have no solution for a problem with the vehicle they sold, thats a big deal. When dealerships are less educated than someone reading articles on the internet, that is a problem. The basis of this thread is, that Ford dealerships dont know enough about this vehicle, if anything at all. That seems to be very true.

OR, if they would at least act like they cared and contact me back. But not once has anyone contacted me back, after promising to do so many times. "Hey Sir, we're still looking into the issue, we apologize for the delay. We'll let you know as soon as we find something out". Would go a long way. People buy vehicles for a multitude of reasons, often times one or two specific reasons. PaaK being a huge one for this vehicle. But sadly, your answer to the huge problem of PaaK is to buy a Tesla, that is going to be the answer for some people. And a terrible way to do business. For someone who is the sole driver of a Mach-E, one key fob likely isnt an issue. For us, with 4 drivers in the house and re-arranging vehicles sometimes, swapping drivers it is. But I suppose with the logic of "fixing" the issue by trading it in, I should just get a house with 5 garages. That would "fix" that issue.
Here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DMU6Y1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_D14G56NKQPBBP62RKR3Z
Problem solved for $9. Way cheaper than 5 garages.