First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
A few comments on the video:

- It's a whining video for sure. They're mad because it ruined their Saturday.
- Who in their right mind brings their car to a dealer on a Saturday on a holiday weekend? You're going to only get the junior repair people.
- The headline "unfixable" is clearly click bait. These "influencers" are connected and read these forums and know that many of us have had the PAAK update installed without issue.

This couple has stated, less than a month into ownership. that they're now selling their Mach E. This makes any review by them suspect. They have no interest in a good Mach E experience.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

- Who in their right mind brings their car to a dealer on a Saturday on a holiday weekend? You're going to only get the junior repair people.
- The headline "unfixable" is clearly click bait. These "influencers" are connected and read these forums and know that many of us have had the PAAK update installed without issue.

This couple has stated, less than a month into ownership. that they're now selling their Mach E. This makes any review by them suspect. They have no interest in a good Mach E experience.
Pretty much sums it up. People who monetize their daily lives/problems for YouTube clicks. On to something that garners more views/subscribers. Seriously, at some point they say “we’re not getting enough views on our Mach E vids, we should sell it.”

I mean, if they had any brains at all they’d invest in a huge collection of slime and just make videos for kids mixing and manipulating slime. Get like 10-30 million views each ?

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The dealer is a dufus for sure - but- they never would have been in this situation in the first place if the software in the Mach E had worked correctly. Expect more of this until reward systems change. Here is a post I wrote in another section of the forum:
------------------
Ah yes, bad software. It's everywhere, isn't it? Wonder why?

As a retired quality engineer having worked for two of the major auto companies, neither of which was Ford, I can state flatly that the majority of customer problems with cars today are software related. Not all, but most.

Thought about this for a while now, and have come to the conclusion that the root cause is the reward system used to compensate system developers. There are differences, and I think it matters.

Hardware developers, both mechanical and electrical, are rewarded for innovation and quality results. If their stuff works, they benefit.

Software developers are rewarded for volume. The more lines of code produced, the more they make. This is the primary reason computer storage (memory) has skyrocketed in recent decades. Quality and efficiency are not major factors, just how many lines did you produce today.

This is the same system now engaged in the development of AI systems, which are touted as the future of all things. Some concern is justified, don't you agree?

Bad software may be the downfall of civilization as we know it.
Is this a fact? It doesn't seem reasonable. When I learned to code one of the strived for skills was to make the program as small and efficient as possible.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I am not going to make a big deal over paak problems, but will go back to the dealer and try to get them to cough up a FREE Fob!!
Went back to the dealer today and requested a Free Fob! They said I could come back and pick one up by Tuesday!
Hooked up our car to their charger while having lunch at Subway.

CyanLite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
All I have to say after perusing this thread yet again is this: If, you, in fact, purchased a Mach E mainly because it offers PAAK, rather than the multitude of other benefits it offers, well, you probably should have bought a Tesla.
And by “you” I mean all of you, not singling out one person here. PAAK should work, that is a fact, but until it is 95% like Tesla, there is a fob that works. Every. Time.
Watch the video. PaaK not working is an inconvenience. Firmware updates that brick the car is a MAJOR PROBLEM.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Watch the video. PaaK not working is an inconvenience. Firmware updates that brick the car is a MAJOR PROBLEM.
Again, there have only been reports of improperly applied updates temporarily bricking the car. This is a possibility with any modern vehicle, ICE or BEV.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
My sister had a Ford dealer brick her ICE car by leaving the plug out after an oil change. Poor QC at a dealership or not following instructions is a BIG PROBLEM everywhere. Crap happens.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am happy I have ordered a Lucid Air. I thought I'd be happy with the Mach-E, as it is fun to drive and overall works well. My problem is with the dealerships/service. My Mach-E has developed the infamous driver's door won't open problem and I checked the two nearest dealers about doing the required update. They both say I must leave the car with them for at least a day and they do not offer shuttle service or loaner cars. One dealer told me that they might be available if the service was arranged far enough ahead and then when I said I"d like to do that she made the ridiculous statement that I could only do that if the car was presently in the service bay. Insane! I rarely got a loaner with my Toyota, but at least they always offered shuttle service. They also never kept the car overnight unless it was a really major repair.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Went back to the dealer today and requested a Free Fob! They said I could come back and pick one up by Tuesday!
Hooked up our car to their charger while having lunch at Subway.
It looks like this may take a little more arm twisting! We were told that their key fob programmer left early! They haven’t heard the last from RockwallRick!! I will keep after them until they cough one up! Lol

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am happy I have ordered a Lucid Air. I thought I'd be happy with the Mach-E, as it is fun to drive and overall works well. My problem is with the dealerships/service. My Mach-E has developed the infamous driver's door won't open problem and I checked the two nearest dealers about doing the required update. They both say I must leave the car with them for at least a day and they do not offer shuttle service or loaner cars. One dealer told me that they might be available if the service was arranged far enough ahead and then when I said I"d like to do that she made the ridiculous statement that I could only do that if the car was presently in the service bay. Insane! I rarely got a loaner with my Toyota, but at least they always offered shuttle service. They also never kept the car overnight unless it was a really major repair.
I don't understand the comparison to Lucid.

Are you assuming it will be trouble free? Your closest Lucid service center is in Florida.

https://www.lucidmotors.com/locations

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
In summary, always carry your FOB.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Yesterday confirms to me that they are as bad as I thought, and others think. As I said before, PaaK has never worked. After many calls, chats, and dealership visits. After the recall came out, I set up an appointment with the dealership to get it updated. A few weeks before the recall came out, I took it by to get an update because OTA was not working.

Took it there, and after about 8 hours it still was not done. Went to get it because I needed it to go out of town the next day. He told me that the update they did a few weeks previous to it, was the recall update. I was suspicious but thought that maybe they got it first.

Finally, someone from Ford called me back yesterday. After many broken promises of doing so. Nobody has ever contacted me back after claiming they would, until yesterday. He claimed that on his end, I have not received the recall update and that I need to get it updated to hopefully fix my problem. He gave me an address where I can verify what version I have based off my VIN. But of course that was down. Put in the VIN number, and gave me an error. Perhaps tied into the problems Ford is having with connectivity on the app and other issues.

So either the tech at the dealership lied to me, because he could clearly tell I was frustrated. Or they are just that inept. Either way, the dealership where we live has no clue about this car and they act like I am a bother to them because I want a feature that was promised to me. All while refusing to give me a second fob.

Scheduled an appointment at another dealership, which is a much further drive and will no doubt cost me yet another day of my time to try and resolve this issue. But I have very little faith they will do any better.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey guys, I’ve had a Mach-E on order for a while now so I watch as many Mach-E vids that I can find. Saw this newly uploaded video. Starting to wonder if PAAK(?) or Ford dealers always this bad…

No, all dealers are not this bad. Mine has been very attentive to my Mach E's needs.

I do feel sorry for the lame service they received (or didn't as it were).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

No, they have said they are not selling their Mach E. They did take it to a CarMax to find out what it would sell for, however. That's another video.
Sponsored