Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't understand the comparison to Lucid.

Are you assuming it will be trouble free? Your closest Lucid service center is in Florida.

https://www.lucidmotors.com/locations
I was told they come to you to do service. (At least more simple things, like software.) If you remember GM once had a car they did that for during a short introductory period - the Saturn.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was told they come to you to do service. (At least more simple things, like software.) If you remember GM once had a car they did that for during a short introductory period - the Saturn.
Some Ford dealers offer mobile service, also. For example, someone here on the forum had a tech visit his driveway in Savannah to install software updates.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So if ford is having growing pains with their Mach E and having to swap out modules, battery packs or other major hardware changes and Lucid has similar pains...is that an option for mobile service with them? I hope it goes well for you, though I would have to be pretty optimistic to not envision a real nightmare with that model.

cdc1671

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E ER/AWD
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
So generally speaking my experience with our dealer has been good. My wife is doing the whole WFH thing and they brought out all the final paperwork for her to sign which was very nice. However, got the car with only 25% charge on the battery. So basically immediately went into the garage to be plugged in. So those taking delivery may want to let their dealer know that it would be nice if the $56K car they're buying have a full battery.

Disclaimer: Dealership was apologetic about it and as it was my first EV and I didn't think about it at the time I just wrote it off as an oversight on their part.
Sponsored