SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
But there's hardly any MME's in Flagstaff so I continue to turn heads.
I know of two more besides ours! Woo hoo! ;)
Sponsored

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Exactly. For example, a Model Y Performance with Enhanced Autopilot is 51k after the California and Federal Full Tax Rebates. Their technology is superior and less buggy, plus there's no scummy dealerships to mess with. You can order one and complete every step of the process on your couch and have it delivered to your door.

While I don't want to be the one to bring up 5 seconds or 1/4 mile traps, I will. When you have almost every YouTube channel bashing on Ford for the last 2 years about it's abysmal performance that's of no help either.
For my needs Tesla technology is lousy with no front display and no Apple Car Play. Have a GT - donā€™t care about the 5 seconds thing and I donā€™t know where it would hinder you because you would be doing 90 before it came into play. Most donā€™t own a GT and most of those that do donā€™t care. Tesla exterior and interior may appeal to some. And does anyone in this thread actually have an MME.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For my needs Tesla technology is lousy with no front display and no Apple Car Play. Have a GT - donā€™t care about the 5 seconds thing and I donā€™t know where it would hinder you because you would be doing 90 before it came into play.
Good for you! I can't count to 5 anyway so you're right, I don't care.

And does anyone in this thread actually have an MME.
Nope, no one on this forum owns an MME. We all have photoshopped profile pictures.

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I understand it qualifies for the $3,750, but it does not qualify for the $7,500 like Tesla does, it is priced higher than a Tesla MSRP, and public charging is not as much of an issue with the Tesla right now vs the MME.

Again, if Tesla and Ford have an iron clad agreement to open up the Tesla superchargers to the Ford EV's, then why not open them up now? Why would it take until "sometime" next year before this could happen? That is why I still have some doubt as it actually happening. Very much like I highly doubt by 2035 California will be 100% new EV sales with no new ICE vehicles being sold in the state even with all the "agreements" in place.
A year ago Tesla didnā€™t qualify for a penny of credit. I believe they still sold a car or 2. Strange. My dealer has 20 Teslas on the lot. Trade-ins.

OP
OP

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
The way Ford kept closing the order banks for the MME, it made it seem like it was in high demand.. hopefully there aren't too many cancels and the order numbers jump next month..

A year ago Tesla didnā€™t qualify for a penny of credit. I believe they still sold a car or 2.
There weren't that many options last year .. it was pay ADM for a Ford or ioniq etc, wait 10 months to build one or go with a Tesla

TQ72

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Management
Country flag
Fwiw, there are and have been almost no MMEs on lots in western PA over the several months I've been watching while considering buying. The few that are around are usually loaded GTs.

I finally pulled the trigger when i found almost the exact config i wanted (premium, AWD, ER, vapor blue) as 'dealer ordered' at a semi-near dealer. They checked and it was supposedly still at the factory as of a week ago, but i figured this would likely be a lot faster than ordering.

I suspect there is some pent up demand that will generate some sales when theses can actually be found on lots vs. waiting a mystery number of months for an order. At least in my area.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Edmunds has a good accounting for total dealer inventory. I find their figures accurate when I compare what they list vs select Chicago dealers.

They show 1,700 MME vs 39,500 in 2022 sales, implying 15 days of demand (backward looking). This is not a problem. Fully stocked inventory levels in the auto industry average 60 days.

Must have been a slow news day to invent problems to debate!

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Curtis is right on the money.

I started backing in when I worked fire rescue in my youth. In addition to what you noted, it makes for a faster departure.

I remember living in Erie, PA (oh god) in an apt building. I backed in, and the manager sent me a letter saying that backing in led to staining of the sidewalk by exhausts running. I stopped in and asked her if she wanted me delayed while heading to a call where someone's life might be in danger. She then issued me a special pass... Boy, she thought she was in charge of a massive enterprise, not a single appt building.
If you're a first responder, of course! That's a good reason and it makes sense. Those extra few seconds could make a difference. But 99.9% of people making a Target run, for example, are not. They are the ones I reference. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

NeighSayer11

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT, 2003 MR2 Spyder, '23 MME GT
Country flag
Edmunds has a good accounting for total dealer inventory. I find their figures accurate when I compare what they list vs select Chicago dealers.

They show 1,700 MME vs 39,500 in 2022 sales, implying 15 days of demand (backward looking). This is not a problem. Fully stocked inventory levels in the auto industry average 60 days.

Must have been a slow news day to invent problems to debate!
Someone should compare that to say, the Jeep Compass...

Marcjacal

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The car was dated when it came out as basically it was a new top hat on what was a different car that should have come out soon after the bolt, so there was probably only so much they could do and as newer models turn up its going to impact sales further, add in the price drops from tesla and it doesn't help.

Yet I don't think it will become the next edsel as it won't just be the mach-e that could end up in a one and done position when it comes to ford EV models, you are going have a host of Euro EV models built on the VW MEB platform that for all intents of purposes are going to end up as stop gaps that who knows what going to happen when the time comes for them to get a model refresh, then you have the US explorer that got pushed back and has now headed of in a another direction and probably won't be called explorer, while Ford now wants to add a tesla connector instead of CCS to current models. It all comes across as Ford just throwing stuff at the wall in the EV space trying to see what sticks :(.

As long as you enjoy your vehicle that is all that matters, EVs are not exactly complex so you won't have to worry about when things start breaking down and there is always going to be something better in the future and if ford are still stumbling around in the dark then there will be other manufactures that should have something you like and your mach-e should last until then without much issue (unless you have a ticking time bomb HVBJB which should be covered by warranty anyway)
Thank you for a very clear post. The HVBJB is a real concern since this is my only car. Whether right or wrong, it affects my driving pleasure because I wonā€™t go WOT.
As I said I think Iā€™d be hard pressed to equal it dollar for dollar. Itā€™s not my first car so better ones coming along is a fact of life. I gotta accept that in 3-5 years this will be VERY obsolete. Other than potential reliability, my only real fear is if itā€™s value just crashes and resale values plummet more that what would be normal for a used car. To add to another reply, I did say I donā€™t know much about cars so sorry for my error in voltages.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Current MME prem ext is 60K-3750=56.25K. MYLR is 52k-7500=44.5K. Hmm, if I am buying an EV today I would choose MYLR. Even if it is worse, it is not $10K+ Worse.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thank you for a very clear post. The HVBJB is a real concern since this is my only car. Whether right or wrong, it affects my driving pleasure because I wonā€™t go WOT.
As I said I think Iā€™d be hard pressed to equal it dollar for dollar. Itā€™s not my first car so better ones coming along is a fact of life. I gotta accept that in 3-5 years this will be VERY obsolete. Other than potential reliability, my only real fear is if itā€™s value just crashes and resale values plummet more that what would be normal for a used car. To add to another reply, I did say I donā€™t know much about cars so sorry for my error in voltages.
When the MME came out, there was really only one true player in the game with a EV CUV/SUV: Tesla.

At the time, the MME was less expensive than the MY. Now itā€™s more expensive. Itā€™s almost a given that the resale value on the 21-23 MME is going to be pretty bad 3-5 years from now.

If I was to trade in my MME right now, I would be taking a 15-17k hit from what I paid Feb 2023. I have no intention of selling or trading the car in. Iā€™m going to drive it until it canā€™t drive any longer or that it costs more to maintain over a 6 month period than a down payment on another EV.

Tesla slashing prices, more direct competition, the black eye of the HVJB issue and the economy sagging really killed the resale value of the MME.

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
I'm only in my 4th month of MME ownership, and I could not be happier; no looking back for me. Strike that; I do find myself looking back when I park out in a parking lot...what a good looking vehicle...hard to believe it is a BEV.

I do have to admit I am shocked by the latest pricing of the Tesla MYP. I paid a lot more for my GTPE, but I still have no interest in Tesla. My MME has everything I need including a soul and very solid build quality. To some an auto is an appliance; to others like me an auto is more. I live near Tesla of St Louis and the 'cookie cutter cars' buzz around the area at a nauseating rate. Like refrigerators....they all come in a few common colors...they all share parts...and they all look alike (until closer inspection may reveal significant differences in fit and finish).

Yes, Tesla is less expensive than the MME. But I paid a lot less than an Audi, M-B, or Porsche.

IMO, Tesla is a battery company...not a car company.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I applaud Tesla for forcing their customers to back end park to charge. Itā€™s clear this was a conscious decision on their part.
It was? How do you know this? Because there are possible engineering/design considerations that may have put the charge port at the rear of the vehicle.
Sponsored