joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Something to consider: none - and I mean none - of the finance department's offerings would be offered if they weren't profitable for the dealer and/or Ford. PremiumCare, TireCare, WearCare, etc.
If you don't buy something because it's profitable to Ford or the dealer, why are you buying the car at all? They make a profit on everything, they're a business
Sponsored

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Where can I find the Ford Options Handbook you mention? So many questions and dealers don't seem to have many answers.
I asked my dealer some questions about the Options plan. He spent a few mins trying to answer them, then figured it would be easier to just send me a scanned copy.

OP
OP

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
The Ford Options Handbook specifically states that "Wearcare is not eligible on Ford Options Contracts." The emphasis is as shown in the handbook.
Well that solves that, thanks for that note :)

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If you don't buy something because it's profitable to Ford or the dealer, why are you buying the car at all? They make a profit on everything, they're a business
I think you missed the point...

We buy cars because they provide things to us commensurate to the value we pay, or we don't buy them. Sure, the dealer makes money. The "Care" plans are insurance - most people will not get anything in return, and simply pay for them. For most people they're simply profit for the dealer and the customer gets nothing.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I think you missed the point...

We buy cars because they provide things to us commensurate to the value we pay, or we don't buy them. Sure, the dealer makes money. The "Care" plans are insurance - most people will not get anything in return, and simply pay for them. For most people they're simply profit for the dealer and the customer gets nothing.
I think most people hope to never need to use any insurance they buy, whether it's from a car dealer or elsewhere
Sponsored