solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
I am like 90% sure I'll be turning it my car at the end of my options plan. The dealer told me today about WearCare and says I should really consider. Picking up car tomorrow so trying to decide if it's worth it so seeing what other people have done
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I am like 90% sure I'll be turning it my car at the end of my options plan. The dealer told me today about WearCare and says I should really consider. Picking up car tomorrow so trying to decide if it's worth it so seeing what other people have done
hmm. my dealer directly told me that Options doesn't offer WearCare.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have no idea what that is, but I would say no.
My GF had it on her leased Escape. It's Ford's "turn in insurance" - covers a certain amount of extra wear and tear/damage/etc. at turn in (not mileage but other stuff like scratches, dents, holes in fabric, etc.)

when we turned in the car they started to go over it with a fine-toothed comb, then saw it had WearCare on it and said "oh never mind."

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
What does it cover? How much does it cost? If it's strictly for appearance, figure out what a good detail is once or twice a year for three or four years, and an unlimited car wash plan would be per month and invest in that instead.

OP
OP

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
hmm. my dealer directly told me that Options doesn't offer WearCare.
I think I'm my dealerships first options order so could end up happening when I pick the car tomorrow that it's just not available

What does it cover? How much does it cost? If it's strictly for appearance, figure out what a good detail is once or twice a year for three or four years, and an unlimited car wash plan would be per month and invest in that instead.
Wasn't able to give me an exact price is but she said to expect like $25-30 a month. It covers any issues at turn in with stains, broken glass, tires, or any dents or anything. This isn't about getting coverage while driving, it covers up to $5k of damage when you turn it in so after 36 months I'd be paying like $1000 to cover up to 5K

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Wasn't able to give me an exact price is but she said to expect like $25-30 a month. It covers any issues at turn in with stains, broken glass, tires, or any dents or anything. This isn't about getting coverage while driving, it covers up to $5k of damage when you turn it in so after 36 months I'd be paying like $1000 to cover up to 5K
like any insurance and insurance-like product, it's a cost/benefit gamble.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I guess it really depends how much you baby your car. If you're like me, you're vacuuming it weekly and wiping everything down, touching up and polishing chips, and going to PDR anytime it gets a ding of any sort. Personally I don't see the ActiveX material on the seats getting stained, and the carpet is dark. Outside of road salt, which if you keep up with in the winter, not much is going to show on it. Most of those other items like glass and tires you'll be maintaining as you go if something was to happen. If I were you, I'd save the $1K. Ultimately it's your preference.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
The Ford Options Handbook specifically states that "Wearcare is not eligible on Ford Options Contracts." The emphasis is as shown in the handbook.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
The Ford Options Handbook specifically states that "Wearcare is not eligible on Ford Options Contracts." The emphasis is as shown in the handbook.
Where can I find the Ford Options Handbook you mention? So many questions and dealers don't seem to have many answers.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Something to consider: none - and I mean none - of the finance department's offerings would be offered if they weren't profitable for the dealer and/or Ford. PremiumCare, TireCare, WearCare, etc.

It's like any insurance - on average most customers that buy don't use it, or don't use it for an amount in excess of what they paid for it. If they did, they wouldn't sell it.

But it's about peace of mind, which can be worth it on its own.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Something to consider: none - and I mean none - of the finance department's offerings would be offered if they weren't profitable for the dealer and/or Ford. PremiumCare, TireCare, WearCare, etc.

It's like any insurance - on average most customers that buy don't use it, or don't use it for an amount in excess of what they paid for it. If they did, they wouldn't sell it.

But it's about peace of mind, which can be worth it on its own.
also, remember that the price of any F&I should be considered as negotiable.

Personally, I usually get wheel and tire insurance, because the roads in Michigan are brutal.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
also, remember that the price of any F&I should be considered as negotiable.

Personally, I usually get wheel and tire insurance, because the roads in Michigan are brutal.
I always buy TireCare too, also because of the Michigan roads, but I've yet to get more than I paid for out of it. I average 1 claim worth less than the policy price during the policy period. Which is exactly where their actuaries want it. :)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Won't be worth it for me. I'll be skipping that, and the extended warranty coverage.
Sponsored