Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Would others?

I'm glad I'm not in their shoes, they can never win no matter what they do.
That’s fair and maybe not. I guess my thing was more since we made the reservation at the higher price before the price drop, I’d rather have kept some features in at the higher price rather than take the price cut with the fewer features. Admittedly, aside from the rear ambient lights, everything else I listed wasn’t previously promised.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
That’s fair and maybe not. I guess my thing was more since we made the reservation at the higher price before the price drop, I’d rather have kept some features in at the higher price rather than take the price cut with the fewer features. Admittedly, aside from the rear ambient lights, everything else I listed wasn’t previously promised.
I would like the rear ambient lights too. My C-Max has them. They were in the renders with the caption (pre-production shown, things may change). It clearly was planned but got scrapped for some reason we don't know about. Could be cost, could be a packaging issue, etc. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Reactions: ARK

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I noticed that the frunk light wont turn on when opened but need to check all switches and settings.
One of the overhead map light switches seems to turn on/off the white led lights in the trunk and entry lights. Would like to see only the trunk lights turn on when the trunk is opened. Don't really want bright white lights on just when opening doors.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Curious if anyone has tried to add ambient lighting to the rear yet and how....not interested in the USB plug in lighting but something more built in. You can actually order the ambient lights from Ford.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Curious if anyone has tried to add ambient lighting to the rear yet and how....not interested in the USB plug in lighting but something more built in. You can actually order the ambient lights from Ford.
I added ambient lighting in the rear door panel storage area. #1

snickerson123

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I wonder if Ford will include them in the GTs coming out later this year? Maybe they have time to right this wrong for GT buyers at least.

AJ_Glo

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
74’ DeTomaso Pantera
Occupation
Auto interiors designer and ambient lighting integrator
You have me curious enough to check it out. I just always assumed the lighting in my Focus Electric was fiber optic but I really don't know for sure. Seems like that would be the best way to do it but maybe not? ?
yes they are flexible glass fiber optic LED driven in many years and models of the focus program

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Just to confirm, is your Mach E a premium or FE? It says those two and the GT are the only ones with ambient lighting. Route 1 and Select don't have ambient lighting.
Mine is an FE and doesn't have the ambient lighting in the back
Sponsored