Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too?

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
It is weird to not have it in the rear. All the Ford vehicles with ambient lighting have had it in the rear seats.
I do not think it is weird to have rear ambient lighting. Most cars have it today. Just strange to omit it in the rear seats doors and footwells.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do not think it is weird to have rear ambient lighting. Most cars have it today. Just strange to omit it in the rear seats doors and footwells.
Thats what I'm saying, It seems like a big oversight to not have it. Especially when it shows it in the graphic in the infotainment display.

It feels like it was supposed to be there, and something happened and they took it out at the last minute but didn't tell the software team to remove it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agree it would be nice to have back there. It would likely add to the experience when riding back there which is actually a pretty nice experience. :)

Do the lights exist on the front doors at least? The wiring diagram doesn't show anything in the doors...
????
?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too? 1614103889510

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The front seats and doors have the ambient lighting. It is the rear doors and rear footwells that do not. I checked yesterday at the dealer on a FE and the rear doors where the LEDs would go do not even have a blank. I think for those that are interested, we need someone open that door panel to see if there is cabling and just no LED fixture. It took about a year for someone to do it with the Model 3 door panel but it was not integrated. The next thing would be for someone to open the front door and see if they can determine the light fixture and power consumption. If you are able to match the fixture and the power does not trip a fuse, you may be able to splice the wiring. Again, stuff that is way over my head.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The front seats and doors have the ambient lighting. It is the rear doors and rear footwells that do not. I checked yesterday at the dealer on a FE and the rear doors where the LEDs would go do not even have a blank. I think for those that are interested, we need someone open that door panel to see if there is cabling and just no LED fixture. It took about a year for someone to do it with the Model 3 door panel but it was not integrated. The next thing would be for someone to open the front door and see if they can determine the light fixture and power consumption. If you are able to match the fixture and the power does not trip a fuse, you may be able to splice the wiring. Again, stuff that is way over my head.
You have me curious enough to check it out. I just always assumed the lighting in my Focus Electric was fiber optic but I really don't know for sure. Seems like that would be the best way to do it but maybe not? ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wait, you mean my Mach E won't have mood lights in the wheel wells?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too? Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.02.44 PM

I guess I'll just have to do it myself!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too? 96f2ee3e89f0b5631dc80e73f9196cc6

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Christmas on wheels!
Wait, you mean my Mach E won't have mood lights in the wheel wells?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too? 96f2ee3e89f0b5631dc80e73f9196cc6

I guess I'll just have to do it myself!
It’s like Christmas on wheels.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is weird to not have it in the rear. All the Ford vehicles with ambient lighting have had it in the rear seats.
Not ALL Ford vehicles with ambient lighting have it in the rear. My 2014 Escape Titanium had ambient lighting. Choice of 9 colors, front footwells, door handles, door storage and cup holders but nothing at all in the rear. My 2016 Focus RS had ambient lighting in all the same places as the Escape (nothing in the rear) but the only color choice was red. My friends 2018 Fusion has ambient lighting same as my other two cars with non in the rear. I would think higher end vehicles like the Explorer, Expedition, Lincolns would have it in the rear but I don't know anyone with those vehicles.

My 2020 GT500 had absolutely no ambient lighting at all. The Premium level Mustangs all have ambient lighting but not the Shelby's. I added my own ambient lighting in all the places the premium Mustangs have it (footwells, door handle, door storage and cup holders) and chose the same "Ice Blue" color that all of the knobs and controls have. Didn't care to have adjustable colors.

I rarely ever have anyone in the back seats of my cars and it would be even more rare at night. Many times my rear seats are folded down to give the dog more room in case I bring her with me. If I feel the need to add ambient lighting, I doubt it would be too difficult after I just added it to my Shelby.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
You do know those were all renderings, don't you?
While is may be a rendering and will have the normal *small print, not all fords with ambient lighting will have it in the rear but ford have in the past have at least shown a picture with it only appearing in the front in those instances. As we also have the in car UI showing it in the back this one strikes me as either some production issue (which would be very odd) or just pointless bean counting.

There is a general attitude with joe / jane average when it comes to vehicles that what people can see impacts their attitude towards what they don't see, this is something the premium brands really try to play on. So while having a nice interior is no guarantee the internal mechanicals are not going to be an absolute disaster people just assume the same attention to detail has been made and all will be fine where as when visible bits go missing people unfortunately start to think the opposite and wonder what other corners have been cut even if they haven't.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not ALL Ford vehicles with ambient lighting have it in the rear. My 2014 Escape Titanium had ambient lighting. Choice of 9 colors, front footwells, door handles, door storage and cup holders but nothing at all in the rear. My 2016 Focus RS had ambient lighting in all the same places as the Escape (nothing in the rear) but the only color choice was red. My friends 2018 Fusion has ambient lighting same as my other two cars with non in the rear. I would think higher end vehicles like the Explorer, Expedition, Lincolns would have it in the rear but I don't know anyone with those vehicles.

My 2020 GT500 had absolutely no ambient lighting at all. The Premium level Mustangs all have ambient lighting but not the Shelby's. I added my own ambient lighting in all the places the premium Mustangs have it (footwells, door handle, door storage and cup holders) and chose the same "Ice Blue" color that all of the knobs and controls have. Didn't care to have adjustable colors.

I rarely ever have anyone in the back seats of my cars and it would be even more rare at night. Many times my rear seats are folded down to give the dog more room in case I bring her with me. If I feel the need to add ambient lighting, I doubt it would be too difficult after I just added it to my Shelby.
I had a 2013 Fusion, And a 2019 Edge. They both had ambient lighting in the back. I believe they had a light on the center console that light up the floor of the back, and the door handle area had a light. That was all that there was in the back.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
\people just assume the same attention to detail has been made and all will be fine where as when visible bits go missing people unfortunately start to think the opposite and wonder what other corners have been cut even if they haven't.
tend to agree .. Especially when so visible, as this is.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I had a 2013 Fusion, And a 2019 Edge. They both had ambient lighting in the back. I believe they had a light on the center console that light up the floor of the back, and the door handle area had a light. That was all that there was in the back.
My 2010 Edge had rear lighting too
Sponsored