Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
early nickel and diming on stuff like this does not bode well. People DO notice this sort of thing. These sort of things can add up to the point of customers choosing something else.
This is the sort of nickel and diming ford does but in the past they at least wait a model year or two before the bits start going missing, agree not a good look staring out like that :(, the mach-e after all has pretty basic ambient lighting compared to what is available in other brands so not sure the pennies saved is worth it.
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Well, after looking at the renderings for over a year it is disappointing. I was never really a fan, but we have really grown to like what is more elaborate lighting in our used Mercedes- not having any in the back is a bummer.

This is the sort of nickel and diming ford does but in the past they at least wait a model year or two before the bits start going missing, agree not a good look staring out like that :(, the mach-e after all has pretty basic ambient lighting compared to what is available in other brands so not sure the pennies saved is worth it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Looks like OP has premium
I just checked the Ford website and scrolled down on the Mach-e page. Under Interior features all it says is, "Ambient Lighting-Multi-Color." Nothing about just where.

It's not an issue for me as there's almost no likelihood anyone will be back there at any time. But still ...

OP
OP
rafpug

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
I just checked the Ford website and scrolled down on the Mach-e page. Under Interior features all it says is, "Ambient Lighting-Multi-Color." Nothing about just where.

It's not an issue for me as there's almost no likelihood anyone will be back there at any time. But still ...
there Are several interior pics of their interior that shows lighting in the rear. Also the actual screen in the car shows a rendering of the interior with the lighting in rear. I guess it’s just something that didn’t make it into final product and forgot to update the renders.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
there Are several interior pics of their interior that shows lighting in the rear. Also the actual screen in the car shows a rendering of the interior with the lighting in rear. I guess it’s just something that didn’t make it into final product and forgot to update the renders.
Yes, I do recall that. Unfortunate to say the least.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I wanted the rear mood lighting. Hmm.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Perhaps it’s only on FEs? Just curious

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Perhaps it’s only on FEs? Just curious
Unfortunately not I’m afraid. No rear seat lighting on my FE. Somewhat bummed they didn’t even bother to correct the infotainment graphics to reflect the omission.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Unfortunately not I’m afraid. No rear seat lighting on my FE. Somewhat bummed they didn’t even bother to correct the infotainment graphics to reflect the omission.
Real bummer - no reason to omit them

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Crazy question, but are the window switches and door lock buttons lit at night? I forgot to look when I had a quick test drive but that is a pet peeve I found from other cars I’ve seen.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If you want lighting there are so many after-market lighting you can get and do that will do anything you want. That is a simple fix.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
If you want lighting there are so many after-market lighting you can get and do that will do anything you want. That is a simple fix.
Not as simple as already provided from the manufacturer ;)
Sponsored