Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too?

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Waiting for the first brave sole to open up their rear door panels to see what we are working with here. Should be easy as an after market mod but it would be amazing to be able to match LED fixtures and cabling to have it fully integrated (basically mimic why ever you are doing in the front). I would be concerned about power capability and not blowing the fuse. If not, like others said just doing something independently should be easy. I am on my way to pick up my FE now!
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Mine too! Mine has lighted door jambs in the front that say EDGE.
It's definitely a disappointment that the Mach-E doesn't have the MyColor customizable ambient lighting from the gas Mustang - as well as not having the lighted door sills from the gas Mustang.

MyColor is just as much a part of what makes a Mustang a Mustang as the Pony lamps in the mirrors are, but those are here and yet MyColor isn't. Frustrating.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Don't you all know that all you need is the dashboard light to see paradise?

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So I was tooling around on the Ford parts site and found the wiring diagram and the parts that can be ordered for the ambient lighting. What I think we can do for those that want to add rear seat ambient lighting is order the parts mimicking the front (LH/RH) and try splicing into the front lamps and then hooking these up. I need to find out how much power draw there is and make sure that adding double the lights does not blow a fuse. Check this out:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Are rear seats supposed to have ambient lighting too? Mach-E Ambinet Interior Lam

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I stuck one of those tiny little colored LED usb plugs in one of the rear usb outlets. Now at least I have a rear area mini glow.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It's definitely a disappointment that the Mach-E doesn't have the MyColor customizable ambient lighting from the gas Mustang - as well as not having the lighted door sills from the gas Mustang.

MyColor is just as much a part of what makes a Mustang a Mustang as the Pony lamps in the mirrors are, but those are here and yet MyColor isn't. Frustrating.
I forgot I had lighted door sills in my 2012 Mustang GT, It will bother me now because of you ?

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I forgot I had lighted door sills in my 2012 Mustang GT, It will bother me now because of you ?
Sorry :(

I didn't realize it didn't have MyColor or the lighted sills till after I took it home. I can live with it, but it certainly feels (to me) less like a Mustang now that I know those Mustang touches aren't here.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I won’t fault Ford for having to draw the line somewhere on costs, but given the pretty significant price break they gave us ($3,000 for the Premiums), I would have been happy to forgo some or all of that to keep or put more features in (e.g., ambient lights in back, 12-way power seats, power adjustable steering wheel, memory passenger seat, ventilated seats, etc.).

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I won’t fault Ford for having to draw the line somewhere on costs, but given the pretty significant price break they gave us ($3,000 for the Premiums), I would have been happy to forgo some or all of that to keep or put more features in (e.g., ambient lights in back, 12-way power seats, power adjustable steering wheel, memory passenger seat, ventilated seats, etc.).
Would others?

I'm glad I'm not in their shoes, they can never win no matter what they do.
Sponsored