Are you new to Ford/Mustang?

sone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
I had a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid and liked a lot of things about it however we did have problems with the electrical that Ford couldn't figure out. I'm interested in the Mach-E however I'm reviewing and learning from beta owners before I go full on in again.
Sponsored

2003MarionSSS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Silverado SS, 2012 RAV4
Country flag
I had a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid and liked a lot of things about it however we did have problems with the electrical that Ford couldn't figure out. I'm interested in the Mach-E however I'm reviewing and learning from beta owners before I go full on in again.
I have the same concerns. However I thought it was worth the risk because this is a HUGE move for Ford. They can't afford to screw this up. If it had been just another "compliance car" I would have not been interested. BUT they called it a Mustang.....that's chips all in for Ford as far as I'm concerned.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
I suspect that Ford will benefit in high sales of the Mach-E for numerous reasons: (1) there aren't many non-geeky-looking BEVs out there right now to choose from; (2) federal tax credits and state rebates for new plugin vehicles still exist for Ford; (3) there aren't many BEV crossover/SUVs to choose from; (4) the names "Mustang" and "Mach-E" are both good names that will draw many in; (5) the styling is good on the Mach-E. For this reason, I expect that Mach-E sales will be highest in the first year or so; after that initial time period, only point (4) will really be left to push the Mach-E, as many more automakers are coming online with their even-better-looking crossover/SUV BEVs.

The sooner that Ford can get the Mach-E to dealerships, the more Ford will benefit from it -- including long-term sales of it and other BEVs. The early adopters in the automotive industry will get more exposure that will be longer lasting in terms of people thinking that that specific automaker is "known" for their BEVs. Once everybody is in the game, the newer companies won't benefit from being "known" for BEVs. I don't think that one can count Chevy because their Bolt is an odd-looking thing; same for Nissan and its Leaf, etc. So for good-looking "affordable" (meaning cars selling for under $40k-$50k) BEVs that can go at least 200 miles on a charge, you really only have Tesla Model 3, Kiro Niro, and Hyundai Kona in the US now. And who (other than Niro and Kona owners) thinks of the Niro or the Kona when thinking BEVs? Almost nobody. Everybody thinks Tesla. The other good-looking BEV makers (Jaguar, Audi) only make expensive luxury BEVs, and they aren't selling much. It was a master marketing move for Ford to attach both "Mustang" and "Mach-E" to their first BEV; it will not only sell cars, but it will become etched in people's minds as being on the pioneering front lines of BEVs. Kudos for Ford for that; I wish them great success, even though I'm unlikely to buy the Mach-E myself. I'm looking closely at exciting, impending BEV releases from Volvo, Porsche, VW, and others.

Last edited:

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Does anyone have any idea when the first ones will arrive in dealerships besides "late 2020"???

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Bimmers and 2 Minis
Country flag
Never had a Ford. Other than the times when no-cost company cars were provided (no Fords), my free market choices were German and Swedish. Extremely interested in Mach E, but might get tripped up over the unfortunate door handle strategy (see other thread).

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I am currently on my second Ford Fusion Hybrid (2014). My wife and daughter both drive a Ford C-Max. So, we all have hybrid Ford's. The first new car I ever bought was a Ford Mustang convertible LX. Always loved Mustangs, but hasn't been practical for a while, so I've really looked forward to the Mach E!

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
c-max energi. Sounds like it's a pretty popular car to be coming to the mach e from. I admit that clearly pandering ford blood stuff in the reveal totally got to me.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I've never personally owned a Mustang. Both my father and brother have (have driven my father's several times). Have rented a few while on vacation/business trips.

Have owned Ford's since I was a Ford employee long ago (no longer am).

My perspective is more from EV's as I'm on my 3rd plugin (Focus Electric first, C-Max Energi 2nd, and currently a Chevy Bolt as Ford had no EV available when the C-Max lease was up).

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I currently have a 2006 Mustang GT and a 1986 Mustang GT. My family has had Mustangs for years. Other Fords include my current '06 Explorer and a '94 Ranger. Really looking forward to charging at home and not having to pump gas when it is 10 degrees outside.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
A ‘84 Mustang was my first car. Have not had a Ford since. Since that time, I have had (in this order) a couple of Nissans, followed by 3 Volvo’s (2 V70XC wagons and C70 hardtop convertible), an Audi A5 cabriolet, VW GTI and an Lexus NX 300h. I had reserved a Tesla model 3 in 2016 but cancelled in late 2017 due to the delays... hoping Ford’s timing is more accurate.

Last edited:

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Never had a Ford, but used my parents Ford Taurus as a teenager. This MachE got me right away though.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Love the Mustang but never own one due to the family need. I own the Tesla Model S for 6 years and intrigue with the EV and would be difficult to go back the ICE vehicle. Mach E attracts me and love to own one to replace my S.
I am in the same situation as you.
Sponsored