Are you new to Ford/Mustang?

bobyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Edge ST
Country flag
Owned many Fords, even the 1st hybrid Escape. First EV. Very excited.
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Learned to drive in my moms 1968 Mustang hardtop. Had a 1979 Mustang Notchback which I sold and now own a 2015 Mustang Convertible. Looking forward to driving the Mach E.

Mach-E-avelli

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Optima PEHV- F150- Fusion-Outback
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
1st car was a Mustang... kind of- 1976 mustang 2 Ghia. Always wanted a 71’ Mach 1. Now I’m older and more responsible and I am going to buy a cross between my dream Mustang and my first Mustang. It will be a Mach- “E” that is and by the Mustang purist out there, it probably will get the same pony cred as my Mustang 2 did, but who cares? This new Mustang looks like a pony car, will be quick like a pony car and you can actually sit in the back seat comfortably!
Can’t wait to get it!

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 4.2L, Mercedes CLK63, Mercedes CLK55, Audi A6 4.2L
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Mostly owned Mercedes and Audi's but enjoyed owning and driving a Ford Mondeo ST24 (2.5 v6). Went really well and made a decent noise. covered 60,000 miles till some fool rear ended the car while on his phone. My back still hurts......

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
1993 Mustang LX 4cyl 5-speed (what I learned to drive with)

1992 Mustang GT - 347 stroker short block, trickflow twisted wedge heads, edelbrock rpm intake manifold, Tremec TKO600 5-speed trans, built rear end with 31 spline axles and c clip eliminators, etc, etc, etc...

2012 Mustang GT 6-speed built for the road course

2016 Mustang GT PP 6-speed built for the road course

2017 F150 XLT 4x4

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
One Ford, a 1992 Explorer that was nice until the warranty ran out... head gasket oil leaks that cost us $3k about a month after the warranty expired; Ford wouldn't help out, but a mechanic told us that that was a common problem in the early Explorers. Then we had problems with the 4WD, and it went on and on. We walked away from that Explorer and said "never again" to Ford. The Mach-E might get me back, but no more Ford ICE vehicles for me... We still have a 2003 Toyota Highlander with 220k miles that has caused us very little troubles, and the interior isn't much worse than that of the Explorer.

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
One Ford, a 1992 Explorer that was nice until the warranty ran out... head gasket oil leaks that cost us $3k about a month after the warranty expired; Ford wouldn't help out, but a mechanic told us that that was a common problem in the early Explorers. Then we had problems with the 4WD, and it went on and on. We walked away from that Explorer and said "never again" to Ford. The Mach-E might get me back, but no more Ford ICE vehicles for me... We still have a 2003 Toyota Highlander with 220k miles that has caused us very little troubles, and the interior isn't much worse than that of the Explorer.
That is unfortunate on the explorer. If it had a 302 in it the engine issued could have been easily fixed for a small fraction of that. My 92 GT 5.0 had 132k miles on it before a slight rear main seal leak. I beat the crap out of that car so it was impressive. At that point I built the 347 stroker but 5.0 pushrod engines are super easy to work on. Dang do I miss those. Every manufacturer has issues so a one off doesn't paint the whole picture. In those days the Dodge was the one to avoid. I don't remember much about the Ford engines, trans, or transfer cases having issues. The current gen 5.0s handle 850rwhp on corn so Ford's engineering has come a long way. No reason to avoid their ICE.

E-stang

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I’ve never owned a mustang. My only experience with Ford is 2 Ford Raptors. As far as performance cars I’ve stuck with multiple BMW M3’s for the past 15 years

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Essentially new to Ford & Mustang.

Excited too. Ford is doing right, what Tesla got off track. Promising to have one available to see at time of purchase and now touring a promo car... Kudos!

Briefly had a beater F-150, and rented a Mustang convertible while vacationing in CA six years ago. Fun car!

Kouakuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A
Country flag
New to Ford. The mach e looks great and looks way better than the tesla Y. I don't really like any other Ford vehicles though.

Windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt EV, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Renewable Energy Instructor
Country flag
My first Ford a few years ago was a Focus EV. After a roadside hazard broke the battery, I swore never Ford again. But seeing that the mustang isn't a compliance car, I did love a lot about that Focus and have high expectations on the Mach E. I have a Chevy tattoo and drive a Bolt EV if that says anything. Chevy really dropped the ball on a larger vehicle that could sell like crazy. Also, Chevy Volt was my first EV almost 5 years ago. Kinda crazy.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Love the Mustang but never own one due to the family need. I own the Tesla Model S for 6 years and intrigue with the EV and would be difficult to go back the ICE vehicle. Mach E attracts me and love to own one to replace my S.

Blue

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sorento, Mini Cooper Clubman, Mercedes C300
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New to Ford, high expectations for this vehicle.
Sponsored