First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
GM Super Cruise beats Tesla Autopilot again in latest hands-free test

Autopilot is 'a distant second' but ahead of Ford's Co-Pilot 360, says Consumer Reports. In the latest test, conducted this summer on a track and on public roads, the Cadillac scored 69 points out of a possible 100, while the Tesla scored 57. A Lincoln Corsair equipped with Ford's Co-Pilot 360 system, finished third with 52.

ouch... hopefully will get better in the mach e
I agree with the CR assessment. Super Cruise is very good, easily superior to Tesla. Mach-e should have enough of a sensor package to be at least as good as Super Cruise. It's not there yet, but it should be something that can OTA. Of course, GM will not stand still, though. The bar will keep rising.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I agree with the CR assessment. Super Cruise is very good, easily superior to Tesla. Mach-e should have enough of a sensor package to be at least as good as Super Cruise. It's not there yet, but it should be something that can OTA. Of course, GM will not stand still, though. The bar will keep rising.
"The critical difference in the Super Cruise system is a driver-facing infrared camera to make sure he or she is paying attention to the road and is ready to take over manual control when necessary, said Kelly Funkhouser, head of connected and automated vehicle testing at Consumer Reports."

We'll get that next year in an OTA. I suspect Ford will jump ahead in the rankings in 2021.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Just had a brief stop in at another tour location. I didn't see any settings for Blind Spot Assist. ?

It would be a good candidate for an OTA addition since all the sensors are there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Article: What is Ford Co-Pilot 360? [Ford driver assist features primer] 1603927736783

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just had a brief stop in at another tour location. I didn't see any settings for Blind Spot Assist. ?

It would be a good candidate for an OTA addition since all the sensors are there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Article: What is Ford Co-Pilot 360? [Ford driver assist features primer] 1603927736783
So, what exactly is "Blind Spot Information System" then?

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
BLIS is the indicator light in the side view mirrors and beeping when a car is in your blind spot.

Assist is when it will steer you back to the center of your lane if there's a car in your blind spot.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
BLIS is the indicator light in the side view mirrors and beeping when a car is in your blind spot.

Assist is when it will steer you back to the center of your lane if there's a car in your blind spot.
Gotcha, thanks!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't forget the Mach-E has Co-Pilot 360 2.0

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is BLIS — the light in your side mirror and beeping.

Blind Spot Assist will nudge your steering back into the center of your lane.
it is exactly what it does in the video.
Sponsored