Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
Hey Ford, I love my MachE, and if you're monitoring these threads, I'm wondering how many people actually use the "Max defrost" button you've decided to place in two places? How about replacing one of those "max defrost" buttons with a lift gate button that's always accessible. Maybe replace the button on the screen with a lift gate button? Seems like an easy software revision. Or perhaps you can rework the second totally redundant, mostly unnecessary physical max defrost button with a physical lift gate button? If that button activates a digital command to turn on max defrost, seems like an easy software revision to have that button activate the lift gate. Just give us a sticker to go over the existing button.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
One of the most popular mods I’m seeing. Why does this have to be hidden behind so many button presses. Give us a real button already.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My hope this is something coming with the UI/UX redesign later this year. A one button press to turn off HVAC has been rumored/confirmed.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Would it be nice? Sure, but i dont need a 6th way to open the trunk. I kinda like using the screen.
I don’t mind using the screen at all. It’s the 3 touches I have to do and the 2 second delay with each touch that perturbs me. Put it on the main screen all the time and I’m fine. But currently it’s:
Touch the car icon in the upper left corner
Wait 2 seconds
Touch Access on the left
Wait 2 seconds
Touch the liftgate button
Wait 2 seconds.
(often touch liftgate buttons again because it didn’t register the first time)
Give me a button always there next to the heated steering wheel button and I’m good.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Maybe I’m just daft, but what’s the super convenience of pressing a button in the car vs the button on the trunk? Every car I have had has had both and I’ve never used the one in the car, I’ve always just used the trunk button with the very rare kick to open.

What situations would you need the trunk opened in that way? If you’re in the car, obviously your hands aren’t full to where you can’t open it, right? This is pure honesty, I’m sure there are reasons, I’ve just never encountered them!

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Maybe I’m just daft, but what’s the super convenience of pressing a button in the car vs the button on the trunk?
Not a super convenience (I'd probably rather have max defrost there still if it was one or the other), but it'd be nice for if you want to open the trunk for someone running out to your car, or even for yourself so you don't have to wait by the back the few seconds it takes to fully open. Or so you can easily accidentally open it while in the car wash.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
Maybe I’m just daft, but what’s the super convenience of pressing a button in the car vs the button on the trunk? Every car I have had has had both and I’ve never used the one in the car, I’ve always just used the trunk button with the very rare kick to open.

What situations would you need the trunk opened in that way? If you’re in the car, obviously your hands aren’t full to where you can’t open it, right? This is pure honesty, I’m sure there are reasons, I’ve just never encountered them!
I'm the same. Have never used the inside button in past cars. I could see it being useful if you live on a gravel road or a place with salted/sanded winter roads and the whole back of the car is filthy.

I'd like to see them give us a couple user defined buttons on the screen. Let us pick things like trunk, frunk, parking camera, recirculate, etc. I'm sure there'd be something useful for everyone to pick from.

Reactions: ARK

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Opening the trunk for others.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
A physical button would be nice but we had that in our Cmax and rarely used it. I like the kick open feature but I use the physical button on the gate to close.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Hey Ford, I love my MachE, and if you're monitoring these threads, I'm wondering how many people actually use the "Max defrost" button you've decided to place in two places? How about replacing one of those "max defrost" buttons with a lift gate button that's always accessible. Maybe replace the button on the screen with a lift gate button? Seems like an easy software revision. Or perhaps you can rework the second totally redundant, mostly unnecessary physical max defrost button with a physical lift gate button? If that button activates a digital command to turn on max defrost, seems like an easy software revision to have that button activate the lift gate. Just give us a sticker to go over the existing button.
Isn’t there a button on the lift gate? Don’t you actually have to be standing there when it opens to take advantage of the opening? Isn’t there a button on the key fob? What is the advantage to opening it while sitting in the driver’s seat? Have we all become that lazy? I don’t get the problem, what am I missing?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
When I’m driving, I have the fob in the cup holder. If I need to open the hatch without exiting, I use the fob.