dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
Does the European MME come with aspheric exterior mirrors? I'd love to get a set of mirror lenses for my car and I'm hoping that I could just order them from a EU Ford dealer. Here's a Road & Track article about them if you're not familiar with the term.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a35991902/america-were-being-cheated-out-of-better-mirrors/

I was disappointed to see that the MME didn't come with the driver's side mirror with a wide-angle section like many of the late-model Fords I have rented in the past few years. The blind-spot indicator light is nice but I'd like to not have a blind spot in the first place.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
OP
OP
dsheib

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
You're correct, that method does help a lot. It is still a workaround because our federal motor vehicle laws don't allow for technology that is superior, just like our stupid headlight laws that keep vastly superior headlights from being fitted in our cars. I remember fitting Cibie and Hella halogen headlights in my cars and motorcycles in the 70's that were illegal because the U.S. specified only sealed beams in vehicles. If I can purchase something that makes driving safer and more enjoyable for a few hundred bucks I'll gladly do so.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
I replaced the driver side mirror on my US version 2013 Porsche Cayenne with a European aspheric exterior mirror that I got through eBay. It was wonderful, I could see everything in it. I really miss it in my GT, the little winkie-winkie lights on the mirror are just not enough. One of the only things I like about my daughter's Tesla 3 is the body representation on the screen shows what is around you. Don't like the ride on her car, the quality control was poor on delivery (missing door bolt, paint, panels out of alignment.) I went completely over my GT before accepting it and didn't find a single manufacturing flaw.
Sponsored