At 25% Charge, My GT is as fast as my Prius on Power Mode!

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
At 25% charge, my Mach E GT is as fast as my Prius in power mode!
I started noticing the grey bars of shame recently, at 25% charge I had plenty of them, I took the pic below when it was safe, at 22% the low battery warning came out, at the 25% there was no performance left, car drove and pulled like how our Prius in power mode would pull.

Ford Mustang Mach-E At 25% Charge, My GT is as fast as my Prius on Power Mode! 20220610_132520

When my low gas light went on on my ICE cars, I don't recall performance was limited! @Ford Motor Company why it's the case here?
Since I paid for a full time GT and it appears that this is not what I am getting, can I get a 30% refund and believe me the performance of my GT is throttled way more than 30% of the times so I think my ask is more than fair!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm completely on board with the 5 second power limit being ridiculous, but when I'm at 25% or below power, I'm definitely fine for it to limit power at that point to make sure I can get to a charging station, since the car has no idea how far you are from one and would rather be safe than sorry.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Remember your pack voltage is dropping as your SoC drops. Which means less voltage (pressure) pushing electrons through the motor fixed resistance which will equal less current or less power. Ford is showing you the reality here more so than limiting you I suspect.

OP
OP
moparguy

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I'm completely on board with the 5 second power limit being ridiculous, but when I'm at 25% or below power, I'm definitely fine for it to limit power at that point to make sure I can get to a charging station, since the car has no idea how far you are from one and would rather be safe than sorry.
I can limit the power myself by not flooring the car, I don't really need Ford to do that for me and limit me, I started with 4 or 5 grey bars this morning, I left home with 36%.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Remember your pack voltage is dropping as your SoC drops. Which means less voltage (pressure) pushing electrons through the motor fixed resistance which will equal less current or less power. Ford is showing you the reality here more so than limiting you I suspect.
Other EVs have a very modest reduction in speed / performance at this battery level. This excuse does not hold water imo.
Sponsored