Mockey

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Country flag
This has likely been answered many times but I couldn't find the answer. I am going to reserve a GT but want to wait to place my order until I've driven an MME and can see the available colors (I dig the Cyber Orange but don't know that it's a good long-term play for me). At what point are you required to convert your rez to an order?
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Only guessing but orders open in December I believe and if they follow the same system you will have x numbers of months from then to place your order and have your reservation somewhat honored. So if you reserve now and orders open in December, you might have until April to place your order using your reservation number.

OP
OP

Mockey

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Country flag
I've contacted a couple of local Ford dealers via chat and email and have been terribly underwhelmed. One salesman replied without answering any of my questions but asked for my phone number so we can talk about my trade-in!!! (the GT is a year out) I replied to let him know that I would choose another dealer. Then his boss replied to apologize and then the first salesmen wrote again with the following nugget:

"Now if you reserve one and purchase the government is probably going to introduce some form of tax rebate for a short while due to being an all electric that the government is pushing to remain oil independent."

I just contacted a third dealer.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I've contacted a couple of local Ford dealers via chat and email and have been terribly underwhelmed. One salesman replied without answering any of my questions but asked for my phone number so we can talk about my trade-in!!! (the GT is a year out) I replied to let him know that I would choose another dealer. Then his boss replied to apologize and then the first salesmen wrote again with the following nugget:

"Now if you reserve one and purchase the government is probably going to introduce some form of tax rebate for a short while due to being an all electric that the government is pushing to remain oil independent."

I just contacted a third dealer.
Wow, it’s almost like they’re playing a joke on you.

OP
OP

Mockey

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Country flag
Wow, it’s almost like they’re playing a joke on you.
I think they're just that bad.

I shared this story with a friend who drives a Model S and he commented that the dealer networks are where Nissan and Chevrolet faltered with their EVs then he closed with, "Thoughts and prayers."

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
This has likely been answered many times but I couldn't find the answer. I am going to reserve a GT but want to wait to place my order until I've driven an MME and can see the available colors (I dig the Cyber Orange but don't know that it's a good long-term play for me). At what point are you required to convert your rez to an order?
GT is 9 months after "base" car, so I would say roughly 9 months after the same base car date. Unfortunately I don't know what that date was, lol.
Sponsored