John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Anyone else think Audi was throwing a little shade at Tesla in this video?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Audi E-Tron GT . . . showing Tesla how it's done Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 7.37.45 AM

Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
No, this is common stuff. I'm sure Tesla does something close to the same quality checks.

This issue is it just appears Tesla will ship cars even if the gages fall through the margins because body panels are so misaligned or out of specification. Why check if you don't take any action on failed checks, or set the check tolerance so high anything and everything passes.

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
Yeah I would get the Taycan too. But priced in with the options I want and it's 130k. Yikes. 100k was the highest I've gone and will settle for less now. Long term repairs, I think a non german car would be cheaper, but I could be wrong.

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
Small trunk, the Mach-E and Model S eat this for lunch. In my Model S I carried an entire playground, 30 bags of lava rock, bricks, and full set of wheels with tires.

Notice where the C pillar intersects with the trunk lid under the window, the opening is small and the parcel shelf is fixed. Definitely more room than in a Taycan, where they had to keep true to the Porsche pizza box fitting trunk tradition:)

I will say though as a former Audi S4 6MT owner and longtime gloater for the Carrera 4S 7MT that the cabin luxo feel is way over Tesla's.
Sponsored