Audi Q4 revealed

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Looks nice, but super sluggish (0-60 in 6+ seconds?? Going to feel like an eternity after coming from an MME). If they could put some more power in the sportback version and keep it under $60k, I would strongly consider it in a couple of years, but as it is today I think the MME is still the better choice.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Nice looking car, looks like it will line up pricewise with the Mach E.

https://www.caranddriver.com
The Q4 e-tron will allow for fast-charging capability of up to 125 kilowatts
Like the ID.4, the standard configuration comes with a single 201-hp electric motor on the rear axle, which will be called the 40. A 77.0-kWh battery pack is standard, and Audi expects an EPA-estimated driving range of 250 miles for this lower-powered version, which it claims will get to 62 mph in 8.5 seconds. The more powerful Q4 e-tron 50 Quattro incorporates an all-wheel-drive setup with front and rear electric motors that provide a total output of 295 hp and 339 pound-feet of torque. It will likely have a lower range number than the 40, and Audi claims a zero to 62 mph time of 6.2 seconds.

less cargo space, slower, less range, but cost as much or much. not good.

If they are launching it with the specs listed it's already dead on arrival.

OP
OP

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
less cargo space, slower, less range, but cost as much or much. not good.

If they are launching it with the specs listed it's already dead on arrival.
Not necessarily. The Q4 will have a nicer interior, build quality will probably be significantly better, and the lux badge is a selling point for many. Also, the Audi will likely lease much better than what we see on the Mach E. One could make the same comparison between the Mach E and Model Y, and determine that the Mach E is dead on arrival.
I think it will do very well...the only way it is dead on arrival is if the tax credit is modified to apply to vehicles built in the united states. But I suppose they would scramble to build it in Tennessee just as Ford would scramble to move Mach E production to the US.

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not necessarily. The Q4 will have a nicer interior, build quality will probably be significantly better, and the lux badge is a selling point for many. Also, the Audi will likely lease much better than what we see on the Mach E. One could make the same comparison between the Mach E and Model Y, and determine that the Mach E is dead on arrival.
the interior is not going to be the same. build quality time will tell. The main points of what if offers compared what to will be coming out next year in the same price point. Yes, it's way behind. Kia and Hyundai.
The mache does many things better than the model y so not even close.
Sorry, but those specs are not good compared to what is on the market now or with what is coming out.
It's not even close.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Audi's etron lineup is impressive and extremely gorgeous, yes they do lack in range but they really make up for it other areas.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Have to say I'm interested, but waiting on price, real specs and such.

0-60 in 6.2 does seem very slow for a dual-motor version?

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I absolutely love the design of the new Q4, moreso than the Mach-E. Love the physical buttons on the dashboard and augmented AR navigation. But absolutely disappointed by the Q4's lower range, lack of 800V charging, slower 0-60.

Will Lincoln hurry up and brings its version of the Mach-E to market? Still disappointed they killed off the Rivian partnership.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I absolutely love the design of the new Q4, moreso than the Mach-E. Love the physical buttons on the dashboard and augmented AR navigation. But absolutely disappointed by the Q4's lower range, lack of 800V charging, slower 0-60.

Will Lincoln hurry up and brings its version of the Mach-E to market? Still disappointed they killed off the Rivian partnership.
its not killed more like just playing it safe. I would say a lincoln bev..............maybe 2023

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have to say I'm interested, but waiting on price, real specs and such.

0-60 in 6.2 does seem very slow for a dual-motor version?
If it was on the market now selling it would have more of a chance. But with the specs and another year. Not good with all that is coming out. I mean the fast-charging capability of up to 125 kilowatts.

It just doesn't do anything better than all the other BEV at the same price point. that is sad.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
If it was on the market now selling it would have more of a chance. But with the specs and another year. Not good with all that is coming out. I mean the fast-charging capability of up to 125 kilowatts.

It just doesn't do anything better than all the other BEV at the same price point. that is sad.
I just really want some good competitors to come out, at current with what I'm looking for really the only choice is Tesla or Ford. I'd like to be able to choose between more options

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just really want some good competitors to come out, at current with what I'm looking for really the only choice is Tesla or Ford. I'd like to be able to choose between more options
I have driven just about all of them out right now. And I agree we need more. 4 more BEV will launch next year so things are heating up. I'm as far as far can be when comparing. No one BEV is the best at all and never will be.

But this Audi needs major changes or it won't sell here at all. Kinda why audi has such massive discounts on the etron. It was not selling at all.

Don't take my word for it. Many of your youtube reviews are saying the same thing about it. Kinda like the Volvo xc40 recharge.

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
Still looks like gas car and MME looks lot better than Q4.. One area MME stands is for the looks, after one month with MME every 1 in 3 ppl asked about the car...

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I have driven just about all of them out right now. And I agree we need more. 4 more BEV will launch next year so things are heating up. I'm as far as far can be when comparing. No one BEV is the best at all and never will be.

But this Audi needs major changes or it won't sell here at all. Kinda why audi has such massive discounts on the etron. It was not selling at all.

Don't take my word for it. Many of your youtube reviews are saying the same thing about it. Kinda like the Volvo xc40 recharge.
I like everything about the XC40 Recharge except the range. To me 208 miles or whatever is just DOA
Sponsored