Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
good points. The mache is so hot right now they could sell 10,000 a month no problem. Just can't make them fast enough.

Again the Audi Q4 will be one of the slowest bev, the least amount of cargo room, the bottom of the range, and 125 charging. When you're talking to BEV buyers those are the big factors along with the price. It's not cheap enough to demand massive sales.

The Kia and Hyundai will sell 5 to 1 of the Audi q4.
Ford could sell another 10000 a month in Europe at the same time. No batteries to do this. They need to get battery supply solidified, hopefully it is now done with Hyundai and LG declaring peace.
Sponsored

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Slow sells better than fast in the ICE world. It never made sense to charge customers more $$ for a V6 or V8 which in turn reduced gas efficiency.

In the EV world there's no downside to a faster engine. You're not losing range or efficiency by putting in a faster engine. And the tech is already there that makes an EV motor quicker than a comparable ICE engine.

6.2 isn't slow in the ICE world. But it's almost 30% slower than a model Y or MME. There's no reason why a premium brand EV launching well after its competitors should have such a sluggish performance relative to its peers.
True, it's quite a different thing these days. Like for example one of the draws of the Model 3 for me is how quick\fun it is to drive, but yet it also has the manners of a family sedan if you don't mash the pedal.

It has a reasonable ground clearance and is good in snow and all that.

In the ICE world, I'd have to buy some really sporty M car, regular Mustang V8, etc.. to get close to a 4.2 0-60 time. Such a vehicle for me is useless because it's probably RWD, or pretty low to the ground, not good in the snow, etc...

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Yes, they sold in other markets that is correct, not great but sold. The European market very well. But in North America not even 6,000.
So 6,000 divide by 12 months means only 500 Etron sold a month. Not divide that by the 200 plus dealers here. Yes, sales were way down. I sit a whole day test driving it and talked to the general manager all about the etron. Not going into depth again about it lol. The massive incentives are because it is selling so badly.

End of 2022 we will see sales of this new audi. I'm willing to beat it won't be in the top 10 maybe not the top 15 BEV sold that year.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I don’t think they will go there with the Q4...this is meant more to be an economy model probably will lease for $599 a month Which will be very competitive. The upcoming q6 etron which shares a platform with the electric Macan will be the luxury/performance model.
AUdi doesn't make "economy models." Those are called Volkswagens.

I mean, I love Audi, but I have to be honest: this is lackluster for the Four Rings.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
What I find exciting about these new electric cars is how it seems everything is "starting over. " Every manufacturer knows they need to make a BEV and they are strategizing how to do it. Tesla broke the glass and should be commended. Audi, Jag, Porsche, Ford, VW are gaining market share by putting a quality product to market faster. Time will tell if this creates brand buyers for life or if buyers start over after every purchase. GM, Kia, Honda, Hyundai, Subaru, etc will have their models in short order. They will have an advantage by not having screwed anything up royally by rushing a product and they will be able to learn from others' mistakes. There is plenty of market share out there and over time more people will take a chance on electric as long as current EV owners don't act like pretentious d-bags (aka tesla owners). In summary, do your part, support other EV's even if you don't think their specs are up to par and, when you're in public or on social media, don't act like a D.

Attachments

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most people don’t care about 0-60 times. If they did then all they would buy is a Tesla...no one can hold a candle to Tesla 0-60 times for the money.
I concur 0 to 60 is not the main selling point. But again 95% of BEV buyers have never owned a BEV.
They are going to look at speed, cargo room, range charging speed. This Audi is low in most categories.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As that may be true Audi themself said they hope to sell 20,000 of them in North America a year. The Etron did even get half of that.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The top two selling points of a BEV are range and charging. Point blank. it's not speed. But it is being pushed more by the auto manufacturers than normal ice vehicles.
Sponsored