Audi Q4 revealed

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Jay it's not on the same platform as the etron. It's an ID4 with Audi badging. If it was out already then that would be one thing. It's still a long way off. It's not moving the needle. More just here is the same old tech with some Audi badging here buy it. 125kw charging, not even 150kw. Tom on his youtube said it's just like the Volvo xc40 recharge. To little to late.

While the new Kia and Hyundai offer so much more for the cheaper or the same price.
Sponsored

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
the interior is not going to be the same. build quality time will tell. The main points of what if offers compared what to will be coming out next year in the same price point. Yes, it's way behind. Kia and Hyundai.
The mache does many things better than the model y so not even close.
Sorry, but those specs are not good compared to what is on the market now or with what is coming out.
It's not even close.
You may be thinking about the Q4 just as a competitor to the Mach-E.

I'd point out how each traditional car brand will actually cannibalize its own line of gas cars, like Porsche had seen with the Taycan taking sales from the Panamera.

The same will likely happen with the Q4 E-Tron. Sure, some will pick it over other competitors like Tesla Model Y and Ford Mach-E, but the real losers will be the traditional brands themselves, at least for a little while.

I wonder how the Ford Escape is selling these days?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I'd point out how each traditional car brand will actually cannibalize its own line of gas cars, like Porsche had seen with the Taycan taking sales from the Panamera.

The same will likely happen with the Q4 E-Tron. Sure, some will pick it over other competitors like Tesla Model Y and Ford Mach-E, but the real losers will be the traditional brands themselves, at least for a little while.

traditional brands right now are the winners. Gaining more of the market share your info is wrong.
well, considering that the mache is selling 70% to the other brand's customers. That is showing not true. 24% are tesla customers. Those a pretty big numbers. Ford just way underestimated the demand for the mache. They could have sold 10,000 a month.

The escape is selling great. Just the chip shortage is affecting all the brands.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
traditional brands right now are the winners. Gaining more of the market share your info is wrong.
well, considering that the mache is selling 70% to the other brand's customers. That is showing not true. 24% are tesla customers. Those a pretty big numbers. Ford just way underestimated the demand for the mache. They could have sold 10,000 a month.

The escape is selling great. Just the chip shortage is affecting all the brands.
Here's the figures I'm basing my theory on. Scroll down and you'll see the effect the Taycan is having. And I'm sure some Tesla Model S purchases were affected as well.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/...ca-retail-sales-first-quarter-2021-24085.html

I guess chip shortage can be blamed for a 14.8% drop in escape sales between Q1 2020 and 2021, but with 6,614 Mach-E sales, I wonder...

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's the figures I'm basing my theory on. Scroll down and you'll see the effect the Taycan is having. And I'm sure some Tesla Model S purchases were affected as well.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/...ca-retail-sales-first-quarter-2021-24085.html

I guess chip shortage can be blamed for a 14.8% drop in escape sales between Q1 2020 and 2021, but with 6,614 Mach-E sales, I wonder...
Escape sales are down because the amount made yes.
Mache right now would sell all they could make. It is the hot ticket right now. when you take 70% from other brands and 1/4th sales from tesla that is major.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't say you did say that. I was just telling you it's different in production cost.
kyle of out specs and tom both think with the massive discounts the etron is a way better deal than the new Audi.
Again it will sell some but I don't see massive numbers with 10 or more other brand new BEV coming out next year. Much cheaper and better in many ways.

OP
OP

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag

Yeah the q4 will probably canibalize the Q5 to an extent, but more importantly it will stop some of those customers from leaving to Tesla. Escape should be fine because the price difference is pretty significant.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah the q4 will probably canibalize the Q5 to an extent, but more importantly it will stop some of those customers from leaving to Tesla. Escape should be fine because the price difference is pretty significant.
Good point on the Q5 and keeping people in the Audi fold.

As for the Ford Escape, sales are down 14.8% between Q1 2020 and Q1 2021. Probably a large stretch to say that related to 6,614 Mach-E sales, especially with just my one data point.

We'll see as time goes by how this plays out.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That will be the 0-62 time (0-100kph) so you can knock a bit off for the 0-60 time, it will also no doubt be a time devoid of 1ft roll out nonsense.

Audi like most of the German premium manufactures also tend to be quite conservatives with the 0-62 times which can end up measuring faster however that tends to happen more with the sportier models. One would assume at some point a q4-s variant will be added similar to the e-tron with a bit more get up and go
Per the local dealer, VW's internal sales pitch docs say that the ID4 AWD will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. The Q4 e-tron will be close to that but probably not quicker since it's gotta be heavier (luxury bits & bobs aren't light).

OP
OP

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Per the local dealer, VW's internal sales pitch docs say that the ID4 AWD will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. The Q4 e-tron will be close to that but probably not quicker since it's gotta be heavier (luxury bits & bobs aren't light).
They have already started teasing an "id.4 GTX" this will probably be a higher power variant, so there will probably be a "s" version of the Q4 at some point which will be quicker. While not for me personally, I think VW did very smart thing by making the Id.4 slower but pricing it in the heart of the CUV market...it may end up being a better strategy than trying to go head to head with Tesla.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have already started teasing an "id.4 GTX" this will probably be a higher power variant, so there will probably be a "s" version of the Q4 at some point which will be quicker. While not for me personally, I think VW did very smart thing by making the Id.4 slower but pricing it in the heart of the CUV market...it may end up being a better strategy than trying to go head to head with Tesla.
An article came out today about the new Audi targeting Tesla sales in Europe. Talked prices and all specs. VW is going after tesla. They want to be the number one supplier of BEV by 2025.

The problem is it will be made at the same plant as the id4 and 3 other vehicles. The maximum output a year is about 330,000 if everything goes right. It's really going to be exciting to see what happens in the next 5 years.

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There will be some cannibalizing of sales from same brand ICE vehicles. In Europe the Q4 will be going after EQC and iX3 as well as Tesla when the Model Y starts production in Berlin later this year.
I think the Bronco Sport is more of a threat to Escape sales then the MME. I know if I had replaced my 2013 Escape with an ICE vehicle instead of with an EV I probably would have ordered the Bronco Sport instead of buying a new Escape.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think the Bronco Sport is more of a threat to Escape sales then the MME. I know if I had replaced my 2013 Escape with an ICE vehicle instead of with an EV I probably would have ordered the Bronco Sport instead of buying a new Escape.
Yeah I can't imagine many people shopping the Mach E versus the Escape, and was going to say the same thing: that the Bronco will eat more Escape sales than any other car would.
Sponsored