Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yes, I have a customer who does this type of this as his job. He converts all kinds of analog things into digital. I have not used him, but I know there are those kinds of businesses all over. Thery must be in Europe too?
My personal solution was to upload everything to my computer and then to my smartphone. It's not perfect, but it works for me. I was reminded by Ken, when he said rip a few at a time. That is how I got my music library on my computer. Then I eventually rolled it up to the cloud.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
There’s a great place to put your DiscMan right under the charging pad.

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
Are you in the Apple or Android ecosystem? If Apple, and assuming you have imported all your CD's to iTunes on a computer, subscribe to iTunes Match for 1 year for $25. It will pull in all your imported music into the cloud and make it available to you from the cloud. The MME has wireless CarPlay so everything in your cloud will be available to you.
For those commenting about lossless audio; come on. This is a car. There is NO way lossless audio will be of any value in a car.

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
I picked up an android based cd player, powered by USB, from Aliexpress. Works great in my Honda Clarity, but the system is Android based. I think Ford's is Blackberry.

PeterL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
The only issue I found was the wide variation of volume between albums; when on shuffle I was constantly turning the volume knob. I eventually went back through all my FLAC files using a script to "normalize" them.
Most ripping programs these days seem to do normalisation by default. I never had an issue with it. My issue is very different. Suppose you have several CDs by the same artist or, worse, the same composer. The tagging will be all over the place. I'd like to get all work by Beethoven tagged as Beethoven. But now I have 10 artists: Beethoven, Ludwig Beethoven, Ludwig von Beethoven, Ludwig Von Beethoven, L.Beethoven, ... And sometimes they put Beethoven as the artist, not the composer. It's a complete mess. How do you handle that? When I worked just with file names, I renamed the files and folders myself (no fun). But with tags, I really don't want to open each FLAC or MP3 file and edit the medatdata by hand...

CDs....what’s that? ?
It's what came before this. Or after, I don't remember:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio: How to listen to CD‘s 1611927822000
Sponsored