Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think we are starting to see it already. Dealer lots are overflowing now (at least here in Phoenix....)
I could have bought an EV pickup this week (looked at several Lightnings and R1Ts) but something held me back and I decided to wait and be happy with my simple MME for a while longer. Purchase prices that are 50% higher than what I paid for the MME plus the current interest rates are the primary things holding me back. Perhaps I am not alone....

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just one quick picture in time.

My dealer has 499 new vehicles. Sounds like a lot. Using the wayback machine, in 2018 he had 1,732... So I wouldn't call his lot overflowing.

Of note, his current "inventory" includes 113 In Transit, 93 Dealer Ordered, 7 Courtesy Vehicles, and 9 In-Service FCTP. That means he only has 277 to sell.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not in the market for a new car at this time but our local Ford dealer’s lot remains fairly bare. I do not think they opted in for the EV program so it will be interesting to see how things go for the next couple of years. My thoughts were to get a new Ford EV in about 2 years but may have to move on to another brand. Fortunately I am in a good position vehicle-wise to ride things out and see how things develop in the vehicle market over the next couple of years.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Interest rate impacts on car affordability should be fairly minimal. It's nothing like a mortgage which can bloat payments with interest changes of several percent.

For example, purchasing a Mach-E at $60k with $5k down for 5 year loan only changes your monthly payment by ~10% when going from 1% to 5% rate. For an example I looked at, it goes from $1050 to $1150.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Interest rate impacts on car affordability should be fairly minimal. It's nothing like a mortgage which can bloat payments with interest changes of several percent.

For example, purchasing a Mach-E at $60k with $5k down for 5 year loan only changes your monthly payment by ~10% when going from 1% to 5% rate. For an example I looked at, it goes from $1050 to $1150.
Paying an extra $7000 over 5 years on a $60,000 car is not a small amount! I can think of a lot better ways to spend $7k than dumping it out the window…

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just sold a vehicle, down to just the Mach-E and a motorcycle for the household. Maybe I timed it right if demand is about to go down.
Sponsored