First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e ER Premium AWD
Country flag
Hey all.
I was driving the other day during a very bright day and all of the sudden my screens auto switched to dark mode and went very dim. I realized shortly after that the auto headlamps had also turned on. I switched them from auto to off and the brightness in the screens came back but dark mode was still enabled. I’ve looked though the setting and can’t seem to find anything that would help. I tried a master reset and inspected around the interior light sensor and can’t seem to find anything wrong. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue where the car is always turning on the the auto headlamps even during bright days. My best guess at this point is that the light sensor is faulty and will probably need to book a service appointment.

2022 Mach E premium.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey all.
I was driving the other day during a very bright day and all of the sudden my screens auto switched to dark mode and went very dim. I realized shortly after that the auto headlamps had also turned on. I switched them from auto to off and the brightness in the screens came back but dark mode was still enabled. I’ve looked though the setting and can’t seem to find anything that would help. I tried a master reset and inspected around the interior light sensor and can’t seem to find anything wrong. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue where the car is always turning on the the auto headlamps even during bright days. My best guess at this point is that the light sensor is faulty and will probably need to book a service appointment.

2022 Mach E premium.
Hi there. This headlights concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Hey all.

2022 Mach E premium.
This is one of the things I let service know on Wed when I took my '21 CA/RT1 in for my long list of things wrong. I was driving and I noticed my screen got bright at 05:30 and couldn't figure out why, then I noticed the headlights were off and it was ~dark'ish but not enough for the lights to go out, and it went OFF, instead of AUTO so the DRLs were off as well.

Random fun that so far FORD says it's my Dashcam's fault.

um, no...
Sponsored