Autoline 11/21/2019: Professional auto journalists interview Dave Pericak, Chris Walter

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Here's over an hour of interviews and journalist/analyst discussions from not long after the unveiling of the Mach-E. The panel includes Dave Pericak (Ford's Global Director of Icons) and Chris Walter (Ford Exterior Design Manager for Mach-E).

http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=64756
Sponsored

Earth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Country flag
Thanks for posting...This is a MUST-SEE video for all interested Mustang-E Humans!

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Watching through this now. A key takeaway from the first 10 minutes is that Ford expects to exceed estimated/posted range figures.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Some of Dave's numbers were mismatched from their published estimates. So while I hope you're right, @benboy12, I'm going to treat extra miles as an added bonus, should they happen! I reserved the standard range model because for my daily use, anything well over 100 miles would be more than enough.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
From what I got from that video when talking about range think the ford exec messed up if you take it literally. He mentioned the standard model can go 300 to well over 300 with extended range. But then corrected himself as he was answering question that only extended range can go 300 so what will the real range be.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Extended battery range will be over 300 miles in normal (not lead foot) driving. 10% buffer in the 98.9 kWh battery pack means 90 kWh for use. Multiple 90 by 3.6 miles per kWh as shown in Ford's own PR photo, you have about 320 miles. Then again, many of us who own PHEV (C-Max Energi here) , normally obtain 4.0+ miles per kWh of use.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag
Mustang Mach E doesn't need to attract those haters, the majority of which are just getting on the hate bandwagon. None of the haters have any clue of the grander scheme, and how Mach E enhances Mustang's and Ford's image.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Mustang Mach E doesn't need to attract those haters, the majority of which are just getting on the hate bandwagon. None of the haters have any clue of the grander scheme, and how Mach E enhances Mustang's and Ford's image.
You're always going to have haters they are usually the loudest but the smallest group out there. I believe when the Mustang Mach E goes on sale Ford won't be able to keep up with the demand.
Sponsored