Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The only official document you can refer to ?‍♂
I don't see that in the version of the owner's manual that I have. If it's in other versions of the manual, it's incorrect. Adding unnecessary steps that require wading through settings menus make it more difficult and will likely confuse people. In reality, you don't have to turn off Auto-Hold. Just put the car in Neutral and hit the L button. That's it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Automated carwash - video 1631831668507

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
I showed the screenshots in the video ?‍♂

I don't see that in the version of the owner's manual that I have. If it's in other versions of the manual, it's incorrect. Adding unnecessary steps that require wading through settings menus make it more difficult and will likely confuse people. In reality, you don't have to turn off Auto-Hold. Just put the car in Neutral and hit the L button. That's it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Automated carwash - video 1631831668507

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You don't have to turn off Auto-Hold.
Yes you do, I had it locking up my rear brakes once. If you sit for too long at the beginning, it will engage.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes you do, I had it locking up my rear brakes once. If you sit for too long at the beginning, it will engage.
Yes, it will engage and then when you put it in Neutral and hit the L button, it will disengage. I do it all the time.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I haven't been to a car wash, but making sure the rain sensing windshield wipers are OFF might be a good hint. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to turn off the hands free lift gate, just in case.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
When auto-hold is off and in 1-P mode you DO NOT need to do the N-L-Ok procedure. Simply put it in N and it will roll. My car has been through the car was a lot in this manner.

In addition: If you do have auto-hold on you can still put it in N without the N-L-Ok procedure by letting it roll forward just a little while you put it in N.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When auto-hold is off and in 1-P mode you DO NOT need to do the N-L-Ok procedure. Simply put it in N and it will roll. My car has been through the car was a lot in this manner.

In addition: If you do have auto-hold on you can still put it in N without the N-L-Ok procedure by letting it roll forward just a little while you put it in N.
This is all true, but probably a little too much “if -> then” for general instructions. The N-L method should work for everyone every time (no need to hit OK).

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
This is all true, but probably a little too much “if -> then” for general instructions. The N-L method should work for everyone every time (no need to hit OK).
Only for the first few times: Typically people will pick a mode/setting and leave it there. Then their actions become rote without the need for if/then.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only for the first few times: Typically people will pick a mode/setting and leave it there. Then their actions become rote without the need for if/then.
Right, but for instructions to the general public, it probably makes sense to go with the least common denominator.
Sponsored