DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
always the charging hangups... I wish they could get this sorted out.
Relax. Has a production vehicle even gotten to the UK? No need to be a Nervous Nellie ... yet!

Angst about charging capability is unwarranted when you have pre-production vehicles on one side and charging stations which haven't been updated on the other. Bound to be some issues. Not a big deal to get it sorted. It's not as if it's 2011 with everyone trying to figure things out.

Plus the sad fact is with the current state of the pandemic the need for DC charging will be greatly reduced. :(

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Relax. Has a production vehicle even gotten to the UK? No need to be a Nervous Nellie ... yet!

Angst about charging capability is unwarranted when you have pre-production vehicles on one side and charging stations which haven't been updated on the other. Bound to be some issues. Not a big deal to get it sorted. It's not as if it's 2011 with everyone trying to figure things out.

Plus the sad fact is with the current state of the pandemic the need for DC charging will be greatly reduced. :(
His charging issues were related to the length of the power cord. He just didn't pull the car in correctly.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hmm. Now I wish Ford had made the MachE headlights more like the 2 door, with the round 'eye' design. Would have made it look even more like a Mustang. Not complaining just something that stood out seeing them side by side.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I actually prefer the updated MME ones, but that would be more stangy. Don't those Euro plates fit the front better than the US ones though? :rolleyes:

Will be really interesting to judge the ride quality, I've seen reviews go both ways, more stiff than smooth, like this one or more smooth than sporty as in others. As long as it's better than the 3/Y (and our Mercedes) I'll be happy. Hoping it's just balanced.

Hmm. Now I wish Ford had made the MachE headlights more like the 2 door, with the round 'eye' design. Would have made it look even more like a Mustang. Not complaining just something that stood out seeing them side by side.

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Overall, a positive review. He didn't mention MachE getting hands free driving when he mentioned Tesla's FSD which was a big oversight. His comment of the door handles not being aerodynamic because of the side mirrors was dumb. But otherwise good impressions.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
His comment of the door handles not being aerodynamic because of the side mirrors was dumb.
That was a very strange comment of his for sure. "This item that the government requires to be on your vehicle hurts aero so you shouldn't try to make the rest of the car aerodynamic" is the implication in his statement which is just silly.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Also, his drivers side front tire pressure (oops, this is Europe, I mean "tyre" pressure) was low.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Autotrader Mustang Mach-E Review by Rory Reid 1611600690432

Ford Mustang Mach-E Autotrader Mustang Mach-E Review by Rory Reid 1611600723513

Maybe that contributed to his comments on the steering not being responsive whilst driving in a straight line.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Also, his drivers side front tire pressure (oops, this is Europe, I mean "tyre" pressure) was low.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Autotrader Mustang Mach-E Review by Rory Reid 1611600723513

Maybe that contributed to his comments on the steering not being responsive whilst driving in a straight line.
Surely there must have been a low pressure indication while driving to alert him?

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Surely there must have been a low pressure indication while driving to alert him?
Dunno, pre-production car and all. But, now that I've pointed it out, re-watch the video and you can't un-see it (You're welcome :), so it isn't like it just got low on one or two of the shots.
Sponsored