Avoid Liberty Ford Aurora - 4k mile demo with 5k ADM!

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Had to create an account to post this! I'm amazed....

From Dealer: Great news! The Mach-E is a Premium AWD. It has a 88kwh useable extended battery with a single speed transmission. Due to the fact that this is such a sought after vehicle, we will not be able to offer any discounts. The vehicle will actually be sold $5000.00 over MSRP. I was also informed that the rental program allowed for more miles than normal. As of this morning, the mileage was 4491.

My response:

Not to be rude, but are you guys insane? A 4k mile demo and you're charging 5k over MSRP! That should be illegal. Please take me off your contact list. I refuse to ever do business with such a profiteering dealership!
Sponsored

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'd be surprised if it actually sold for over MSRP. Word will get back to Ford and they will sheepishly back down off of that demand. Happened with a dealer in DFW who tried to sell a Premium RWD SR for $10k over MSRP (and then $5k if you laughed at them and then hung up) -- apparently enough people complained to Ford that they removed the ADM last week.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...you-see-dealer-adm-on-mach-e.4654/post-177875

^^^ Is the post about the dealership in question. Even if they had called me back about it, I would not have given them a dime after the crap they pulled on me. In my case, it was a last second price increase after I had my credit card in hand ready to put a deposit down.

cancoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Ford TransitConnect
Country flag
Good to know & we'll avoid them. I've been wondering how the demos might be handled locally; gives me pause.
Sponsored