Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now)

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
I also have 500kWh available, and after reading through this thread, I really have only one question:
Is Plug & Charge only supposed to work with Electrify America stations? (Answer is probably yes.)

So I took a look all over NH and VT, and guess what? No EA stations at all! There is one "Coming Soon" at the Mall of NH in Manchester, NH, and there is one "Coming Soon" at Wal Mart in Lebanon, NH. That's it.

Given that the whole Plug & Charge thing works only with EA stations, and there are none of those in all of NH and VT, it appears that I don't have to worry about that for now.

There *are* EVGo stations around. Does anyone know if they allow one to use their personal credit card, or will I have to eventually be carrying a half dozen account cards around for the different types of stations!

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions/advice you may have!

smp
I had occasion to use an EVGo station in Lee, MA in May of 2021. I had set up an account with them and they sent me a card but when I went to charge my MME I did not need the card, just plugged it in and away it went. I used the EV I had charged at an EV earlier in the day and noted the EVGo was charging a lot slower. It could be the EVGo was a 150 and the EV a 350. Check out how to use EVGo at this Youtube site: How to Use the EVgo App - Bing video
Sponsored

AndyR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X
Country flag
I had occasion to use an EVGo station in Lee, MA in May of 2021. I had set up an account with them and they sent me a card but when I went to charge my MME I did not need the card, just plugged it in and away it went. I used the EV I had charged at an EV earlier in the day and noted the EVGo was charging a lot slower. It could be the EVGo was a 150 and the EV a 350. Check out how to use EVGo at this Youtube site: How to Use the EVgo App - Bing video
You shouldn't be able to charge over 150kw as I think that's all our car can take, the EvGo may have been only 50kw. The one near my house is only 50kw.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
You shouldn't be able to charge over 150kw as I think that's all our car can take, the EvGo may have been only 50kw. The one near my house is only 50kw.
The Mach-E specs say 150 is max on the ER models, but it is pretty common to see the EA 350kW stations peak at 155kW to 162kW for about 120 seconds with a Mach-E before dropping to the 140s.

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
You're spot on, the EVGo in Lee, MA is indeed a 50 KW charger, my bad.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Hello there, Ford Family!
We want to make your Mustang Mach-E experience as simple and easy as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to set up and use complimentary charging network access. You can access information but visiting the following link: https://www.ford.com/content/dam/br...mache/MACHE_PublicCharging_Job_Aid_4_9_21.pdf.
Still not able to activate plug and charge! No Fordpass charging network service found in app. Still pending activation in connected services. A week has gone by since I enrolled.

balataspin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Escape SEL, 2021 Mach - E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Still not able to activate plug and charge! No Fordpass charging network service found in app. Still pending activation in connected services. A week has gone by since I enrolled.

I just activated from the desktop website, I got the enrolled email within about 10 minutes.

sandrift

First Name
V.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME AWD ER; Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I got the email on July 6 but nothing but crickets since then!
We picked up our MME on 5 July and signed up then -- it took until a couple of days ago to activate. I assumed it was a victim of the issues Ford's been having with the FordPass app and their cloud for the last week or more.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I got the email on July 6 but nothing but crickets since then!
Finally got P & C to activate last night! It had been stuck at pending activation since the initial enrollment. Made several calls to multiple help lines but basically we hard to restart from scratch. I may be wrong but I think the root cause of the problem was that my Wife had 2 Ford accounts on different email addresses. Tried to delete one of them but was told by help line that this is NOT possible!!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Think we are finally good to go with Plug and Charge? The EA and Greenlots networks showed up in Fordpass today and have green check marks! Hoping that I will now be able to just plug in and charge automatically at EA stations. My first attempt last night did not work as advertised. However I was able to activate the charger from Fordpass and used some of our free charging.
Sponsored