jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good article. I like my AWD, have driven it through a Quebec winter and would not have selected a RWD, but again that is a personal choice.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Good article. I like my AWD, have driven it through a Quebec winter and would not have selected a RWD, but again that is a personal choice.
I haven't driven my RWD through a Quebec winter but have driven it through a Michigan winter. It was fine; no issues.

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
In a nut shell he says what I have said for years, 4/AWD helps you start, after that you have the same grip as everyone else. That said getting started is often the problem. I sat one night at the bottom of a hill watching someone spin the heck out of their front tires trying to go. 10 mins later they got going and I easily went up the hill. There is a difference between 4 wheel drive and AWD. The vehicles you see in the median on snowy days are usually 4/AWD, people who don't understand what he covered in the article.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
In a nut shell he says what I have said for years, 4/AWD helps you start, after that you have the same grip as everyone else. That said getting started is often the problem. I sat one night at the bottom of a hill watching someone spin the heck out of their front tires trying to go. 10 mins later they got going and I easily went up the hill. There is a difference between 4 wheel drive and AWD. The vehicles you see in the median on snowy days are usually 4/AWD, people who don't understand what he covered in the article.
AWD (especially combined with traction/stability control systems)can also provide an advantage turning by vectoring the torque to limit both under and oversteer
Sponsored