Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Its just my commuter car here in Nor Cal. so RWD is all I need.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Living in NC, a lighter interior is far better than a dark one. I've ordered an AWD version. I currently drive a Subaru Forester and find that AWD seems to be a bit safer during heavy and and the occasional hurricane. For me, the distance hit is worth the peace of mind.
Subaru is AWD all the time. The Mach E will be AWD when needed as determined by the vehicle's system. We do not know how long it will remain in AWD. The Toyota RAV4 hybrid remains in AWD for much shorter time frame than my former Escape Hybrid.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Plus, if the guesses all plan out.. the more real world RunTime the MMEs get, the more OTA updates may be provided for us to use more of the Batteries. Fingers xxx

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
No, the AWD versions of the Mach-E will be AWD all the time. They're permanent magnet motors.
I agree also. AWD all the time. Regenerative energy back to the battery all the time when used. You cannot separate the motors or disengage any of them. All the time every time.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I'm in Quebec, we have snow 4 months a year at least, with icy roads and such

Mind you I have a F150 4x4 but I've ordered a RWD Mach E. I'll have good winter tires on it for the winter weather, for the rest I'll be fine...

Why? Wellmy F150, I turn the 4x4 on maybe 1% of the time I drive it, and it's more because I want to be preventive more than because I need it, and to get those gears turning now and then!

With a heavy weight on the ground, the traction control and the likes, the MME RWD will do fine. In more extreme weather,just be careful and adapt your driving.

Always remember, an AWD car, if driving is not adapted to the conditions, will just make you land further in the field when you loose control!!!
Sponsored