tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I do think it is just a matter of time for the 50,000 vehicles with gen.1 HVBJB.
It is a big relief to get the REAL recall remove/replace done!
The first time I had it replaced, I thought it would be the last... I'm now on my second replacement.. let's see.
Sponsored

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The first time I had it replaced, I thought it would be the last... I'm now on my second replacement.. let's see.
When was the first time, and the second? We still donā€™t have a data point yet as far as I know of either the B or C variant failing.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Iā€™d lemon law it at 3 if it were me. Luckily, itā€™s my wifeā€™s car and we have a Blazer SS EV reservation for next year, just needs to make it til then.
Yeah, I'll never buy a Chevy product. That's especially EV. Every view they've made so far has been underrated and underrange for their estimates. Problem is trying to get a EV right now. If you lemon law they only give you sticker price and the sticker of a current new one is 8500 more. And also as long as the problem is the same, you can choose the lemon law at past 18,000 mi.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
That's crazy, I hadn't heard
That's crazy, I hadn't heard of this before on here
I actually just got off the phone with the dealer and they are actually replacing the high voltage junction box for the second time. First replacement was the new design as well.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yeah, I'll never buy a Chevy product. That's especially EV. Every view they've made so far has been underrated and underrange for their estimates. Problem is trying to get a EV right now. If you lemon law they only give you sticker price and the sticker of a current new one is 8500 more. And also as long as the problem is the same, you can choose the lemon law at past 18,000 mi.
Well, Iā€™ve had great luck with my GM products through the years so Iā€™m not too worried. Theyā€™ve learned a lot going from the Bolt to the newer Ultium platform(s). And, it seems that most all makers except Tesla are underestimating EPA range according to Edmunds EV range testing.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Well, Iā€™ve had great luck with my GM products through the years so Iā€™m not too worried. Theyā€™ve learned a lot going from the Bolt to the newer Ultium platform(s). And, it seems that most all makers except Tesla are underestimating EPA range according to Edmunds EV range testing.
Voice to text misunderstood what I meant to say but either way I'll never get a Chevy product.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Voice to text misunderstood what I meant to say but either way I'll never get a Chevy product.
Understood, Iā€™m not gonna try to convince you, but, having your MME experience should probably then remove Ford from consideration, no? I feel for you man.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I actually just got off the phone with the dealer and they are actually replacing the high voltage junction box for the second time. First replacement was the new design as well.
This is the first failure of a 'revised' HVBJB I recall reading about.... Do you happen to have the work order from the first replacement that shows the part number they stuck in?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is the first failure of a 'revised' HVBJB I recall reading about.... Do you happen to have the work order from the first replacement that shows the part number they stuck in?
Yeah this isnā€™t good if it truly is the revised part. I remember someone thinking they got the new one but actually didnā€™t and it failed again.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Understood, Iā€™m not gonna try to convince you, but, having your MME experience should probably then remove Ford from consideration, no? I feel for you man.
Yeah for EV no. Trust me. It's a hard to stay. I'm actually looking at the one I hate most Tesla. The car itself is like a Russian Lada but the drivetrain is the world's most advanced. As with all the car companies right now, it's a new game for them all

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag