Axel Replacement / rear washer fluid leak (spoiler replacement because of leak fix)

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
On June 28 I dropped off my 1st edition to dealer for Software Update (Not available OTA) and my rear washer fluid was leaking inside the back window of the car when used. Software Update was done within a few days (app advised me of that) but when they fixed the washer fluid line they had to remove the spoiler. The spoiler had "one time use screws" and they had to wait a couple weeks for the spoiler to be delivered and installed. My car was there for a total of 3 weeks.

I got the call that it was all ready to go. I picked up the car and looked over the rear spoiler and the one side didn't line up, the service manager looked at it and said that I could stop in and have their main service guy look at it and fix it. (I was fine with that, its plastic and bends)

So I get in my car, start driving in the lot to exit and feel/hear a weird noise in the front as the tire rotates (my car had 0 miles put on during the 3 weeks it was there)
so I'm thinking it'll rub off as I drive away, its just from sitting. So as I drive, I can tell its not going away, I pull right back in to dealership to have them look at it. Service guy gets in with me and he noticed the same thing as we drove. We get back to service department, he checks it out.

Service manager comes out to me and says something like "I'm sorry, I don't know why or how, but you have a broken axel. I don't know how long I'll take to order the part, but we'll do our best to get one here and have it fixed"

My car has 4,274 miles on it.. (They did give me a loner car)
Sponsored