Blaned

First Name
Blane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, F150 Powerstroke; X3 28d, 911
Country flag
In various threads comparing the Mach E to competitors, I read statements that the HK system in the BMW is superior to the B&O in the Mach E. I have the HK in a 2017 X5 and it is very good. Far better than base in our X3. However, I have the B&O in my F150 and it is very good also. Back in 2017, you could upgrade the BMW radio to either HK or B&O. The HK was around $900 and B&O was about $4000.

I understand that there are different levels of each brand so is that why people feel the HK is better? What makes it more crazy is that HK acquired B&O automotive in 2015 so I wonder which they consider to be the premium brand.

Again, I have the B&O (not unleashed) and it is really good, so I am sure I will enjoy the sound in the Mach E.
Sponsored

ORG

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium, 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Country flag
I found that it it varies more from car to car rather than just by brand alone.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Read the tread about swapping the sub. It gives hints on my the mache system may not be as nice as other bo systems

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
FWIW, I had a B&O system in my S4, it was really good. Slightly better than the B&O system in my GTPE, but that might be the acoustics of the car more than the hardware. It's a lot quieter in the Mach-E cabin, which might play a part.

I did disable the surround audio option. It's OK on some things, but others it sounds terrible. IIRC, it was enabled by default.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
B&O in the Premium and above is very good. But it is VERY source dependent. Everything on SXM sounds like crap of course. Lossless over BT or direct connection sounds great. HD Radio sounds even better. Recommend any sort of classical music station in HD Radio to get a good idea of what the system can do.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I might be one of the few that really loves and appreciates the 10-speaker B&O system in the Mach-E. I have it on Surround and everything sounds crisp and layered with Apple Music.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
B&O is very good IMO. I got a Kia EV6 with Meridian and compared to it, the B&O is the world's best sound system.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
It is all relative! If you a huge audiophile, it is going to be just ok. Like most people we know what sounds good and what does not. The system sound good. Is it a top end system as in a high end German or Italian car, no way. Could it be better, yes. The replacement of the sub-woofer helps. Would sound deadening improve the sound, yes. Are the speaker better than stock but not as good as mid to high end aftermarket speakers, yes. Would aftermarket speakers improve the sound, yes if done correctly. Will an aftermarket amplifier, with digital signal processing, and aftermarket speakers, make it sound even better, yes if done right.

Most people are not going to spend the extra money or time to improve the stereo. I am one of those people who will since I like good sound. I am not an audiophile but just appreciate quality and hearing the high tones of Mile Davis's horn, the vocals of Patsy Cline or the interplay of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart from Rush. I will replace my speakers and put in sound deadening. I hope that will really improve the sound. I am just waiting on the speakers to go on sale. If I am still not satisfied, I have my amplifier all picked out and will wait for it to go on sale too.

I guess that was the long way of saying, if you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. It is all relative. There is no right or wrong, just your opinion.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think is sounds great also. As others have noticed, the very low end can use a little boost with an aftermarket sub. But even without that relatively easy modification, it sounds great. I would not call myself an audiophile, but I care a lot about sound quality. That's one reason I don't bother with satellite radio.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
On the subject of input source, sounds like you can also take a hit from wireless (vs wired) carplay/android auto.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto use a wifi connection instead of Bluetooth, giving them greater bandwidth, but the audio is still limited to CD quality – 16 bits of resolution with a 44.1 kHz sample rate. If you want the best listening experience through your phone, you’ll have to bust out the USB cable. How To Get Crystal-Clear High-Definition Audio In Your Car » AutoGuide.com News