B&O sound system does not sound all that fantabulous - am I missing any setting

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
B&O sound system does not sound all that great in my mach e šŸ¤”
It sounds good, but I don't know could be better for a brand.

I feel like the bose system in any car sounds better. I have all the sound settings to normal.
am I missing any setting
Sponsored

Fsisung

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT, Volvo XC 90, Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
B&O sound system does not sound all that great in my mach e šŸ¤”
It sounds good, but I don't know could be better for a brand.

I feel like the bose system in any car sounds better. I have all the sound settings to normal.
am I missing any setting
Iā€™m not too impressed with it either. However, if you set the fade to a bit more in back and bring the bass & treble up it helps.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
I feel like the bose system in any car sounds better.
I'm inclined to agree with you there, bud. The Bose in a regular Tahoe (which I've had as a rental recently) sounds better than the B&O in our Mach-E. Coincidentally, we also have a Expedition Platinum with the B&O sound. Same disappointment.

Mind you, I'm not streaming 128Kbps music via Bluetooth. I'm talking Lossless audio via lightning cable connection. There is nothing high-fidelity about this sound system.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I donā€™t know how old and/or updated your Mach-E is, but there was a DSP update a while back that improved the sound quality. Itā€™s not the best car stereo Iā€™ve ever had for sure, but itā€™s passable.

I found that setting the sound to ā€œSurroundā€ over ā€œStereoā€ helps a lot; it sounds much better in surround mode. Also, the input quality makes a huge difference. SiriusXM always sounds like trash because of the compression, but if you play something from Apple Music via CarPlay, for example, it can sound greatā€”with the exception of heavy bass which the Mach-E just canā€™t muster with stock gear.

If you havenā€™t gone in for the updates, that might help.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Huh, for my admittedly blown out ear (sister is unfathomly loud and sat at my right side at the table when we were kids), stereo setting sounds better than the surround setting. Probably personal taste. The system is passable, but needs some extra help. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What sources are y'all listening to? Sirius XM sucks as always. Listen to some Lossless or HD Radio playing Classical Music and it sounds fantastic.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
You realize B&O sells their name for this. If you look at the speakers they are $5 speakers made in Mexico.
Real B&O home speakers are very good.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes, as mentioned if the B&O sounds bad, you might need a DSP update or reset. Volume level 7 or 8 should be a normal listening level, if it's much higher than that you have the DSP bug.

When it's working right the system is about a 7/10 for me. Pretty good but not amazing in any regard. Car systems are hard to perfect, only a few luxury brands have truly great systems.

Make sure you set it to stereo instead of surround at the bottom of the settings.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
There are several threads on this with input.
Replacing Subwoofer
B&O Underwhelmed
Audio Settings
Center Speaker
New Amp and Speaker Replacement

I am in the process of replacing my speaker with Infinity Kappa's and will post a new thread when I am done with write up and pictures. I have the right driver door done and will be working to do the rest this weekend and probably into the next few weekends. Based on what I can hear from just the two speakers that I have replaced, the aftermarket sound better. However, I think that an aftermarket amplifier with a DSP is required to take it to the next level and really tune the sound. I am heading that way but just waiting on a sale at Crutchfield on a 6 channel AudioConrol amp.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
IMO it's really good for a stock system. I've always upgraded all of my vehicles. The B & O system in the Mach-E is perfect and there's no need for me to upgrade.

Is your streaming source HQ? I have my phone set to force stream the highest bit-rate available.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I donā€™t know how old and/or updated your Mach-E is, but there was a DSP update a while back that improved the sound quality. Itā€™s not the best car stereo Iā€™ve ever had for sure, but itā€™s passable.

I found that setting the sound to ā€œSurroundā€ over ā€œStereoā€ helps a lot; it sounds much better in surround mode. Also, the input quality makes a huge difference. SiriusXM always sounds like trash because of the compression, but if you play something from Apple Music via CarPlay, for example, it can sound greatā€”with the exception of heavy bass which the Mach-E just canā€™t muster with stock gear.

If you havenā€™t gone in for the updates, that might help.
^^ All these things.

But even so, itā€™s still only ā€œok.ā€

It is better than the Bose in my old Chevy SS, but itā€™s not a high end stereo.

Good thing too, because we didnā€™t pay a high end stereo price.

Add a subwoofer and move on. The highs are fairly clear, it just lacks full bass.

Want a GOOD B&O stereo? Here you go, itā€™s a $5,900 option on the Audi A3:

https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying-guides/features/the-10-best-factory-audio-systems-134063/

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am in the process of replacing my speaker with Infinity Kappa's and will post a new thread when I am done with write up and pictures. I have the right driver door done and will be working to do the rest this weekend and probably into the next few weekends. Based on what I can hear from just the two speakers that I have replaced, the aftermarket sound better. However, I think that an aftermarket amplifier with a DSP is required to take it to the next level and really tune the sound. I am heading that way but just waiting on a sale at Crutchfield on a 6 channel AudioConrol amp.
FYI the system is DSPed for the stock drivers, if you replace the loudspeakers the tonal qualities will be off since the DSP being applied is wrong. It requires an aftermarket DSP as you said to actually realize a tonal improvement.
Sponsored