Back in the day, would you buy your Mach-E if it was a Ford, not a Mustang?

Back in the day, would you buy your Mach-E if it was a Ford, not a Mustang?

• Yes. The Mustang badge is not important.

• Yes. But only if the price was cheaper by 5k or your variant in the comments.

• No. The Mustang badge is important.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Back in the day, I would not buy my Mach-E if it wasn’t a Mustang even with a cheaper price tag. Honestly, I’m not a Ford fan. A few years ago I had a brand-new Ford C-Max. Overall it was a very convenient and efficient car, but still a regular commute car. I'm from a European small country where Ford is the usual brand as others like Renault, Peugeot, Opel, or Skoda. But the Mustang cars are very rare and legendary. That's the reason why the Mustang badge attracted my attention and I purchased the Mach-E.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I marked no. Not because I really care that the car is labeled as a Mustang. But it was because I wasn’t in the market for an electric car at all. I was looking at hybrid SUVs. When none seemed quite right I jokingly told the wife I’d buy her the electric Mustang. I had seen an article on the internet somewhere talking about the mustang label being used for an electric SUV. If the name hadn’t generated the press, I would have never made the “joke.” The joke led to seriously considering it and doing some research. The research led to the real search for one to test drive, test fit the kids into. The test drive led to the search for one to purchase. The purchase led to the search for the second one. The second one led to the upgrade to the GTPE.
So if it hadn’t been for the mustang name, and my teasing my wife about getting her a “Mustang,” I’d still be daily driving an F-150 and she’d be driving a Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Great poll! I don't think the ford or mustang badge drove me at all to buy the MME. It was the looks and good reviews (i.e. it didn't look like a Tesla). Interestingly enough, this is my first Ford and first American car of my adult life (coming up on 50). As a child of the 80s, America car manufacturers left an indelible mark on my car brand preference. My first car out of college was a Nissan, followed by many Hondas and Toyotas. Toyota finally lost me when they didn't make and EV, and persisted with the hybrids.

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I kinda wish it was just a Ford. Not because I don’t like the mustang label. My wife is a veterinarian and she had a BMW x4 for several years. She regretted the purchase somewhat. She loved the car, it was always reliable. Maintenance was cheaper because of BMW’s intervals. But…. She would hear from clients all the time. “I see where my money’s going” never mind that they showed up in a Tahoe or an F-250 that was $20k more than her car. She was perceived as being greedy to some clients. Not all, but enough it bothered her.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I would not have considered it if it was not a mustang. I've almost always owned sports cars or sporty cars. As an expecting dad, I needed a dad car. This is the coolest dad car that I could find that was within my price range. Because it's a mustang and a cool dad car that seats 3 kids and another passenger, the mom's at drop off can't get enough of me and the car. Thanks Ford. 🔥

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
I don't care that it's a Mustang, but on the other hand if it had a blue Ford badge in the front I would have never bought it. I'm not a fan of the front badge on most Ford cars. It just seems so early 90's.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I chose No. Before the webcast, I had heard that Ford was working on some kind of EV and figured it was going to be some kind of lame “compliance vehicle” (think range upgraded electric Focus or something). My plan was to buy an (unbeknownst to me never-to-be 2023 or 2024 Corsair Black Label), and then I saw the webcast. I made my reservation shortly after and haven’t regretted it (well, except for the remote frunk release 😀😀😀)

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I was going to buy the "next Ford with a plug" as driving a Bolt around my neighborhood (e.g. non-Ford) is met with a lot of derision.

That just turned out to be the Mach-E (I would have still purchased the "compliance" version that they showed was the start of the Mach-E).

If they didn't build the Mach-E Ford should have made a BEV Escape...it would sell like hotcakes (just like the Escape does). Or, now, a BEV Maverick...but I digress.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
If they had called it just the Mach-E, I would have been fine with that. My prior car was a Mustang and while I appreciate some of the similarities they share, it was more about getting a BEV from a reputable company.

Had it been 6 months later, I probably would have gotten the Ioniq 5 or EV6.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I marked no. Not because I really care that the car is labeled as a Mustang. But it was because I wasn’t in the market for an electric car at all. I was looking at hybrid SUVs. When none seemed quite right I jokingly told the wife I’d buy her the electric Mustang. I had seen an article on the internet somewhere talking about the mustang label being used for an electric SUV. If the name hadn’t generated the press, I would have never made the “joke.” The joke led to seriously considering it and doing some research. The research led to the real search for one to test drive, test fit the kids into. The test drive led to the search for one to purchase. The purchase led to the search for the second one. The second one led to the upgrade to the GTPE.
So if it hadn’t been for the mustang name, and my teasing my wife about getting her a “Mustang,” I’d still be daily driving an F-150 and she’d be driving a Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
Based on this logic, I guess I'd have to mark no as well. I really don't care that it's a Mustang. I refer to it as the "Mach E" and completely understand those that don't consider it a "true" Mustang. But had it not generated the press it did, I probably wouldn't have considered it. I wasn't in the market for an electric car. I wanted something that fit the family and was a little cooler than the typical family cross-over. Hearing about the MME led to wanting to test drive one....which led to wanting to buy one.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I was driving an ICE Mustang GT and the back seats got too small for the kids. I was interested in getting a BEV. My cousin got a Mach-E and fell in love with it at first sight. A year wait later I was driving one. The Mustang name and looks were important to me.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First, I guess you would say I am a Ford guy.....my first new car was a '67 dark green Mustang with many Fords after that.....I had a 2010 Fusion hybrid, then my 2013 C Max Energi......I was set to go all electric after the C Max, and that was going to be a Ford......enter the Mach e......I was probably buying it Mustang or not......
Have always bought from the same dealer, with no problems over decades of purchases......the fact that the Mach e was a Mustang added an extra level of interest......

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was in the market for an EV with AWD. The fact that it was a Mustang didn't enter into my decision at all.

Beerbronco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT (Moody Blue); 2012 Xterra
Country flag
I marked NO because I wasn't in the market for a new car at all. I was interested in EVs and kept an eye on the technology and thought I may look at Tesla when in the market. Then the MACH-E came out as a Mustang so I waited for the second year of production then I traded in my wife's perfectly good Subaru. I wanted an electric Mustang.
Sponsored